Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Question about ACC GofR…
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 1

Question about ACC GofR…

Jul 4, 2022, 6:23 PM

So is the penalty for leaving early just the amount of money that would be made from TV broadcast for all games we play from now until the GofR ends?

What is the definition of “broadcast”? In ratings lingo, broadcast TV is basically the Big 4” (NBC, ABC, CBS, FOX — plus other over the air networks.). I assume the GofR would also cover Cable (ESPN, FixSports, etc).

However does it cover streaming? I wonder if that could possibly be a way to skirt the fees? Our games (and any other ACC recruit) could be streamed only. Maybe the SEC swallows the cost for a few games and forfeits that money, but in general most games with ACC members could be available only via streaming?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Question about ACC GofR…

Jul 4, 2022, 6:58 PM

There’s an exit fee to leave. Expensive but like Maryland did, the money can be found. The GoR however says the share of media revenue each school receives via the ACC stays with the conference until 2036. That’s over a decade of annual revenue.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Vaugness weakes the ACC position in my opinion.

Jul 5, 2022, 12:52 AM

From what little I have seen, judges get real pissed when vagueness is an issue in any contract. Usually, in that situation, the ACC would seemingly be weakened big time. I sure hope so in the coming case Clemson vs. ACC. It was the ACC's paper, and their author. If there's vagueness, seems like Clemson would, hopefully win. .

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 2
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic