Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
QB Run Game
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1,688

QB Run Game

Sep 25, 2021, 11:25 PM

Folks this offensive scheme is slightly above a high school scheme at this point. However to even remotely make it work, the QB has to be a serious threat in the run game. Without this we cannot run the ball effectively with the RBs and teams have figured this out.

I am not knocking DJ (although he has been very inaccurate), but I am wondering if we did not recruit the right type of QB for our system. A system that needs an update mind you.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: QB Run Game

Sep 25, 2021, 11:28 PM

We need to be attacking the first down marker instead of trying to win the game on one play. There is so much talent, that if you are just being consistent the big plays will happen naturally.

If they ever get to performing consistently, you can mix in some designed one play winners.

Sep 25, 2021, 11:30 PM

Agreed. But you have to scheme it open and the QB has to make the pass. Just watch NC State. They did it to us all game.

Sep 25, 2021, 11:34 PM

They ran quick stuff to 86 all game long to move chains. Quick reads, no chance for pressure.

They took a few shots but weren’t really successful. They killed us just taking the easy stuff.

i completely agree…

Sep 25, 2021, 11:31 PM

DJ was not a runner coming out of high school. Why did we offer him if he didn’t fit? Did they see it as some kind of project?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: i completely agree…

Sep 25, 2021, 11:39 PM

yup, we recruited the best drop back passer for our offense. ???? bama got the other guy out of cali. we don't have a drop back passer offensive scheme.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: i completely agree…

Sep 25, 2021, 11:50 PM

^^^ nailed it ^^^ I'll go so far as to say we'd be 4-0 today if Kelly Bryant was our QB. For all his faults with accuracy and deep balls, he'd hit enough to keep the defense honest and he knew our scheme inside and out.

I sincerely believe we've taken a square peg and tried to force it into a round hole that we've completely blown the kids confidence. He's having to think what he's doing and it ain't natural. So he comes off hessitant. I have to believe that last year in the 2 games, he was firing on just raw talent. Only thing that makes sense... Yes or no? Idk - asking.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 1,688
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic