Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
QB Guru's out there...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1

QB Guru's out there...

Oct 16, 2021, 8:03 AM

Something I've noticed is he seems to throw down, resulting in a lot of poorly placed balls even when caught (not leaving much for YAC) or in the dirt. Is it because he is a a taller guy, or maybe his baseball pitching background where the ball starts high and ends low? Is this correctable? I haven't looked at last years film to really compare, I am not sure if this is something new he's developed or if it's bad mechanics from day 1 and never improved, did he fix it then revert back?

One thing noticed the first time I saw Trevor throw a ball is that it almost popped up and out his hand, but with velocity and almost was on it's way up, the nose of the ball up when it got to the WR vs the nose being down from DJ.

I wonder if this is a "thing" or I am just imagining it or it's not a big deal, or normal. Just some observations, curious what others are seeing/thinking, especially those that have a lot of QB mechanics knowledge.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: QB Guru's out there...

Oct 16, 2021, 8:13 AM

You must have missed the comment from the announcer last night when he said our quarterback is flatfooted.

Oct 16, 2021, 8:19 AM

Is that what causes the ball to be driven down vs “pop” to the receivers chest/midsection?

Oct 16, 2021, 8:31 AM

Sometimes it can be something as simple as the grip. If QB doesn’t grip it with some space between his palm and the ball, the football will come out with the nose pointed downward; leading to a low throw. Happens more often when QB s are trying to make quick throws and don’t grip it consistently. Attention to detail can make the biggest difference.

Oct 16, 2021, 9:12 AM

Ah, good stuff--makes sense thinking of the spots we really see it from him, quick to the flat, bubble-screen type designs... that low pass to Ngata vs BC where he would have walked into the end zone if the ball wasn't by his feet, same circumstance--thanks for the insight!

Seems like he was floating the ball early in the season...

Oct 16, 2021, 9:45 AM

maybe he is trying to compensate. DJ has a cannon for an arm but need to learn the finesse throws.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How do you keep Gamecocks out of your yard?
• Put up goal posts
What does a Gamecock grad call a Clemson Tiger grad in 2 years?
• Boss

Replies: 5
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic