Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Pre game rituals.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1

Pre game rituals.

Oct 2, 2022, 6:26 PM

I'm a Nole fan. So, I absolutely love Chief Osceola and Renegade running to midfield and planting the spear. The crowd goes ballistic.

But, it is a relatively short ritual. 10 seconds or so.

Showing the team live on the Dabotron from the time they walk out of the locker room, to them boarding the busses, to the busses riding around the stadium, to the shots from inside the busses, to them getting off the busses, to Dabo touching the rock and getting the fans even more fired up, to them running down the field - Now THAT is special.

What does it take, like 3 to 5 minutes? Watching it on TV is great. I could feel the excitement growing and growing and growing.

It would be worth the price of admission to me just to see it in person. I would just be watching the crowd and soaking in the emotion.

If that don't wet your whistle you've been eating sawdust.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Outside of clemson, chief osceola is right up there

Oct 2, 2022, 6:33 PM

On the other hand, VT entrance is terribly overrated. Maybe its because they have been so bad so long....

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I really like VT's entrance.***

Oct 2, 2022, 9:01 PM

null

Re: Pre game rituals.

Oct 2, 2022, 6:35 PM

It is something to see especially at night. Come up for a game you will enjoy it.

You've never been there in person?

Oct 2, 2022, 6:37 PM

Hmmm, I have a Suite on the North side... sounds like I need to find a way to get you to a game!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You've never been there in person?

Oct 2, 2022, 6:40 PM

Don't make me an offer unless you mean it. ??

I'm retired. I can plan a road trip with no problem.

Oct 2, 2022, 6:47 PM

Bret - you really should get up here to a game. Reading your posts I just assumed you had been here. But - we have to come up with a better name that Dabotron. I vote for Big Bo Board.

Dabotron.

Oct 2, 2022, 6:54 PM

I heard that name on either ACCN Huddle or somewhere on ESPN.

I kinda like it. "The house that Ruth built." "The tron that Dabo built."

As for going to a game in person, no I haven't. I was on campus for 6 weeks in 1993 (summer) taking classes while I was teaching at a community college. (Graphing calculators were just coming into vogue and Clemson was a leader among colleges incorporating them into their math classes.) Saw the stadium from outside, but never went in it.

Re: Dabotron.

Oct 2, 2022, 8:29 PM

Fowler said it last night and I heard another sportscaster say it too. Makes me think of a huge robotic Dabo instead of a video board.

It’s actually a giant laptop

Oct 2, 2022, 8:34 PM

and it’s the only reason we won last night.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL

Oct 2, 2022, 10:12 PM

Ba-Zinga! Doren probably going to file a complaint first thing Monday morning.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It’s actually a giant laptop

Oct 2, 2022, 10:19 PM [ in reply to It’s actually a giant laptop ]

Good one!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Re: Dabotron.

Oct 2, 2022, 10:33 PM [ in reply to Re: Dabotron. ]

Just my opinion, but I like the name 'TigerTron' better. It sounds more representative of Clemson.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabotron is a nice play on the old Jumbotron name.

Oct 2, 2022, 10:41 PM [ in reply to Re: Dabotron. ]

Hard not seeing that stick.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 2, 2022, 8:36 PM [ in reply to You've never been there in person? ]

Hmmm, I have a Suite on the North side... sounds like I need to find a way to get you to a game!

This is what the Tiger family is all about. BRAVO to you my friend.

Men at 25 play football. Men at 40 play tennis. Men at 60 play golf. Have you noticed as men get older their balls get smaller.

Plus our entry actually involves the football team

Oct 2, 2022, 6:48 PM

There should be different tiers for best entry
Entries that involve the players
Then all others

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 2, 2022, 6:49 PM

Yeah, the announcers kind of gave a half answer to the tradition, saying a "walk on" came up with the idea of taking buses to the top of The Hill in 1972. Before that, Clemson did in fact run down The Hill dating back to the beginning of the stadium because it was the shortest distance from the old locker rooms just up the road. They ran down before warmups, before most fans had even entered, not just prior to kickoff like now. When the new locker rooms were built beneath the west stands, running down The Hill wasn't done for a few years up until it was revived by using buses to go around the stadium, I think for the South Carolina game in 1972.

Oct 2, 2022, 6:56 PM

I remember the look in Danny Fords face the first time he saw chief Osceola throw the spear down before we played y'all in the late 80’s. He was likely “did that dude just throw a spear in the ground at mid field? Dayum”

Oct 2, 2022, 10:26 PM

Yes. I was at that game in 89. I remember Coach Ford just kind of shook his head with a big grin. Clemson won 34-23.

Oct 2, 2022, 7:02 PM

It was great on ABC last night. If you watched it on ACCN, you would catch it mid first quarter and it isn’t as impressive. Amateurs.

Class of '87

I remember the first time that I went to Tallahassee back

Oct 2, 2022, 7:14 PM

in the 90s. Osceola got that crow rocking. We sat in the upper deck and you could feel it swaying back and forth.

Oct 2, 2022, 8:06 PM

Auburn’s War Eagle flight is pretty cool.

I just wish that we could do some sort of magic trick during our entrance.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 2, 2022, 8:34 PM

I’d love to come to Tallahassee and see your entrance up close and personal. Your war chant is definitely the best chant/cheer in CFB.

The one at Duke is pretty amazing.

Oct 2, 2022, 8:43 PM

Just kidding

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 2, 2022, 9:27 PM

My State buddies I took to the game would agree, they both said, "###" with their mouths hanging open after the whole thing!

Oct 2, 2022, 10:25 PM

I thought I saw Doeren tell his players not to let all of it intimidate them. I was reading lips--he did look around the stadium when he said it.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

I've seen Osceola many times on TV

Oct 2, 2022, 10:28 PM

And once in person when we went Tallahassee in 2018. It's a great tradition. Much better than War Eagle which I never could see until it was almost down on the field. But I do think the whole Osceola thing is cool.

I've seen Osceola many times on TV

Oct 2, 2022, 10:29 PM

And once in person when we went Tallahassee in 2018. It's a great tradition. Much better than War Eagle which I never could see until it was almost down on the field. But I do think the whole Osceola thing is cool.

Oct 2, 2022, 10:37 PM

My favorite clip at Clemson-Georgia in 2013 when UGA met Clemson at the bottom of the hill and Musberger said "Even Georgia had to take a peak" lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=df6KzOd_X_U

Oct 2, 2022, 10:46 PM

Live just can’t be beat.

If I were Dabo, I'd have one concern.

Oct 2, 2022, 11:05 PM

I wouldn't want the guys jumping off the level portion of the hill. I still see pictures of the Tampa Bay kicker celebrating after a FG (imitating a soccer player after a goal) and landing wrong, tearing his knee up and ending his career.

I could see some guy landing wrong and coming up with a torn ACL.

If I were Dabo I'd tell them to run, under control, all the way to the bottom of the hill and then sprint to midfield. But, no leaping on the hill.

Replies: 30
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic