Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Prayers for injured mail carrier & Fred Davis… is he off the team or how long off the field ???
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 39
| visibility 1

Prayers for injured mail carrier & Fred Davis… is he off the team or how long off the field ???

Aug 1, 2021, 3:30 PM

I have to say his blatant disregard for his own safety and that of others is truly sad. Accidents are just that and of course he did not expect this outcome, yet here we are. I get it, driving fast can be a real thrill and I’m sure some here have done the same thing, but you didn’t severely impact the life of another human. Very unfortunate for this young man BUT he knows he was 100% in the wrong and will have to live with consequences of his selfish actions.

I’m not sure he will be kicked off the team, but this puts Dabo and staff in a position that again is based on a selfish action. The decision will not be easy but I’m sure he will miss multiple games, or at least I feel he will. Actions must be accounted for no matter the age, he isn’t a “kid” anymore he is a young man who has made a terrible mistake. Growing up isn’t easy and it is filled with missteps, this just happens to be much more significant than most mistakes. Prayers for him through this and hopes that he is full of remorse and willing to do what is expected to help the situation in any way he can. Either way, prayers/thoughts a complete recovery for all involved in accident.

Not to mention this really hurts the football team as a unnecessary distraction. Also losing the starting DB going into a top 5 matchup with a very good team…..depth will be tested by JT & Kirby I would think.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Prayers for injured mail carrier & Fred Davis… is he off the team or how long off the field ???

Aug 1, 2021, 4:16 PM

Oh come on man! The kid was speeding. We’ve all done it. He made a mistake and unfortunately it led to seriously injuring an innocent bystander. He will learn and move on hopefully. What is with everyone talking like Fred murdered someone?

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

is this a parody post?***

Aug 1, 2021, 4:23 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Prayers for injured mail carrier & Fred Davis… is he off the team or how long off the field ???

Aug 1, 2021, 5:20 PM [ in reply to Re: Prayers for injured mail carrier & Fred Davis… is he off the team or how long off the field ??? ]

Did you even read my post !!? I ask because it’s clear you did not. Did I say he murdered someone, NO. Did I say he is fortunate this wasn’t much worse and he should be held accountable, YES!!

Do you think this should just be like any kid making a poor choice such as skipping class ?? Does a person have to die before it’s “serious”.

You COME ON MAN with this lame duck reply, what a disgrace you are!

Your post was very reasonable.

Aug 1, 2021, 5:48 PM

Some people here are such homers that they can’t see things objectively. In their world, Clemson players can do no wrong.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Proverbs 16:18

Re: Your post was very reasonable.

Aug 1, 2021, 6:39 PM

Agreed. These posters are disgusting.

Re: Your post was very reasonable.

Aug 1, 2021, 8:18 PM [ in reply to Your post was very reasonable. ]

Thank you! At least some understand that Fred Davis is no victim. He is culpable and while it’s unfortunate it’s reality. Praying for actual victim snd Fred through this terrible situation.

I've never driven 115 mph in traffic

Aug 2, 2021, 12:58 PM [ in reply to Re: Prayers for injured mail carrier & Fred Davis… is he off the team or how long off the field ??? ]

The only time I've pushed speed like that was on an utterly deserted two lane road on the back way to Edisto. May have gotten up to 100 and I'll admit even that was not a great idea.

Message was edited by: CTiger423®

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If it were me he would be gone

Aug 1, 2021, 4:34 PM

In just about any other state this is a felony. I do not think incidents like this will become less common with NIL.

we are a dumb animal.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If it were me he would be gone

Aug 1, 2021, 5:31 PM

Our free will is the utmost irony, many humans are incapable of not retreating back to our banal instincts yet we always are afforded this luxury. No matter how many times poor choices are made, we will always be give them choice to continue to make decisions no matter how poor/stupid/ignorant they may be. I’ve made plenty of bad choices and been fortunate not to hurt anyone in the process. Thus, RESULTS of choices MATTER more than the act itself.
He drives 115, makes it back home safe without incident, nothing happens and he can continue to make this bad decision should he choose.
Drive 115 and smash into a mail carrier, well now you’ve committed a serious offense and your free will might need to be refused, at least for a period of time.

It appears by some responses here that everyone was a teenager is lucky they didn’t commit vehicular manslaughter. Uh, NOPE I didn’t and nor did 99.9% of all teens. Accidents happen, but at 115 it’s significantly more likely!

99.9%???

Aug 1, 2021, 6:01 PM

Most of the people I grew up with, including myself, hit 100 MPH a few times over those young years. Last time for me was 2 months ago on I-26.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 99.9%???

Aug 1, 2021, 6:28 PM

were you on the highway or on a road frequented by a mail carrier? Just curious.

Aug 1, 2021, 8:14 PM [ in reply to 99.9%??? ]

If you read my post it’s 99.9% didn’t cause serious bodily injury to someone in a sever accident.

Why, why, why try to make it out that Fred Davis is some kind of victim here. #### that, just because YOU or other ####### teenagers act stupid and invincible does not make it alright. I could care less what others have done, it has nothing to do with this situation. Drive a car in traffic at over 100 MPH then you are responsible for what happens. This isn’t difficult, he screwed up big time snd is extremely fortunate it wasn’t much worse and he killed someone or himself.

Aug 2, 2021, 9:34 AM

I agree with you completely. I’m just saying that’ driving fast is very common, so he’s not different from a lot of people in that respect. Not saying it’s acceptable.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If it were me he would be gone

Aug 1, 2021, 6:55 PM [ in reply to Re: If it were me he would be gone ]

I believe in second chances, but a message has to be sent on this one. a lot of these kids will be driving fast cars very soon.

if Dabo thinks he can handle this and keep on the team, then I am fine with his decision either way, but Davis picked a bad time for this stunt, and again, someone was injured.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I’m expecting him to be in a Uga uniform Sept. 4th***

Aug 1, 2021, 5:11 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 1, 2021, 5:16 PM

Any legal eagles on here that can outline penalties for the arrest? From what I have read, the maximum jail time is 30 days. The fine will be between $500 - $1500. Dabo is not going to immediately cut him from the team. He will lay out what is required to stay on the team and the rest is up to Davis.

Aug 1, 2021, 5:38 PM

No legal eagle but apparently driving like any idiot driving recklessly and causing bodily injury is fair play in South Carolina. My thoughts, 115 in 55 means losing license for minimum of year and easily longer.

And I agree, Dabo will likely do what he always does and take the nurturing route and help the kid grow from this.

Aug 1, 2021, 5:41 PM

Those of you who are overlooking the serious injuries of the postal worker, would you trade places with him ? You are downplaying this because he is a football player.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 1, 2021, 5:50 PM

I’m not downplaying anything. I’m looking at it from perspective on the outside looking in. Kids makes terrible choice to drive recklessly and needs to be held accountable by lawmakers in society.
Sounds like he was very fortunate that it wasn’t worse. I never said he should be back on team, that’s not my choice. Dabo will help this kid REGARDLESS of his spot on or off the team. He is a good man, good men don’t turn their back when bad things happen to a young man growing into an adult. Fred needs support and you better believe Dabo and staff will provide tough love.

And I only know about this accident BECAUSE he is a football player. This isn’t even discussed here if he wasn’t a Clemson Tiger. But that means nothing to his actions and accountability!!

Aug 1, 2021, 6:33 PM

I agree with you; Dabo will not turn his back on Fred Davis. But, there will be SERIOUS consequences. Dabo is too good a man to let this go lightly.

Aug 1, 2021, 5:59 PM [ in reply to Re: Prayers for injured mail carrier & Fred Davis… is he off the team or how long off the field ??? ]

No not downplaying at all. Just looking at SC law. From what I have read, the accident occurred in broad daylight with no alcohol or drug impairment. If Davis had a clean driving record before the accident, he will be given some leniency. No punishment or amount of money is going to make the injured worker whole again. So the question becomes what is the best way to move forward? Thirty days is the maximum jail time that he will serve. First time DUI offenders usually spend 24 hours in jail and are bailed out. Since this is a misdemeanor, I do not feel he will be sent back to jail. He will probably have a suspended license for a year but, will be given a restricted one to attend class. He will pay the fine and will probably have some driving courses to attend like folks with DUI convictions. Once all of this is completed, he will have completed the guilty punishment from the state of SC. So the question becomes what to do about football? I trust Dabo to make the correct decision. Fred is probably going to be in Dabo’s love shack for a while.

Aug 1, 2021, 5:42 PM [ in reply to Re: Prayers for injured mail carrier & Fred Davis… is he off the team or how long off the field ??? ]

I am thinking that part of the nurturing route will be to somehow help the injured driver. I cannot see Dabo letting the injured driver being forgotten.

Aug 1, 2021, 6:08 PM

Oh believe Dabo & Clemson will help with all medical bills. That’s a guarantee!!!

Aug 1, 2021, 6:56 PM

Your comment makes it seem that Clemson and Dabo would try and sweep this under the rug-
They have zero responsibilities for the medical or personal injury settlement in this case - unless you are implying that they would try and sweep it under the rug!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 1, 2021, 8:28 PM

Wow, follow this as anything other than a homer or hater of Clemson.

A young man on the Clemson football team CAUSED a severe accident while driving at more than double the posted legal speed limit.
Now, while Clemson is in no way responsible, do you not think that Clemson should help pay these medical bills in the best interest of the representative player and the mail carrier ?? Insurances will be involved and it will be ugly, no carrier will want to pay out considering the excessive speeds. And yes, insurance can and does deny claims due to extreme circumstances.

Sweeping under the rug would be getting local officials to hush hush and pay victim off to keep them quiet. You misunderstood, I expect the exact opposite and a teachable moment to all young men at Clemson University. This is a huge deal and thankful nobody killed so healing and learning can come from horrible accident.

Aug 1, 2021, 5:44 PM

Good grief. Some of y’all forgot what it was like to be young and sometimes dumb. Must be nice to have lived a perfect life.

It’s a freaking speeding ticket. Likely pay a fine and do a little PTI. Dabo will likely suspend him for 2-3 games. Assuming this is the first bit of trouble then maybe one game. If Davis has been in trouble before then maybe four games.

He could’ve killed someone.

Aug 1, 2021, 5:50 PM

And that someone is significantly injured. If that person was related to you, would you change your stance?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He could’ve killed someone.

Aug 1, 2021, 6:47 PM

I would feel the same- the kid did something stupid.
He was lucky that somebody was not killed-

The question should be- If he was your kid- would you disown him?
You make it a teaching moment.

Aug 1, 2021, 5:53 PM [ in reply to Re: Prayers for injured mail carrier & Fred Davis… is he off the team or how long off the field ??? ]

115 in a 55 is a speeding ticket.

While some of us were perfect sounds like you were out collecting bodies. Would you like a trophy for your mistakes as a teen, or a parade ??? I worry about society with some replies, truly worry.

Let’s just all drive 115, since it’s just a “ speeding ticket “ that might include just hospitalizing a human with severe injuries.

I think you'd have a diff opinion if this was a family

Aug 1, 2021, 6:04 PM [ in reply to Re: Prayers for injured mail carrier & Fred Davis… is he off the team or how long off the field ??? ]

member that was injured. It's a big freaking deal when you're going 115 and almost kill someone. I'm not perfect, but not everyone has driven 115, I haven't, don't know anyone who has personally.

Aug 1, 2021, 6:35 PM [ in reply to Re: Prayers for injured mail carrier & Fred Davis… is he off the team or how long off the field ??? ]

I would like to make a bet with you. If Dabo is who I think he is, there will be much more serious consequences than suspension for 2-3 games.

no way is he kicked off the team for speeding

Aug 1, 2021, 6:26 PM

unless there are a lot of other problems to back it up

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 1, 2021, 6:36 PM

Davis is going to be sued big time. That rookie contract plus some will be going to the injured person depending on the limits on his auto policy. No attorney is going to settle for the policy limits. Davis' earning potential is lawyer bait. Davis' negligence is "outrageous." In SC you can sue for "outrageous" behavior. 115 is "outrageous" and negligent.

Just reading about his arrest and the injuries to the victim

Aug 1, 2021, 11:08 PM

Prayers to the victim. This is so unfortunate.

I wonder what Dabo will do?

Re: Just reading about his arrest and the injuries to the victim

Aug 2, 2021, 12:35 AM

Why? You hoping he’ll kick him off the team so the Penal Colony Bulldogs can scoop him up? Should change your mascot to a vulture. If I were to bet, Dabo will put forth a tough lesson in life for this young man to learn from and make amends. Davis will either man up and pay penance or….well there’s the transfer portal.

Wow

Aug 2, 2021, 9:41 AM

Sorry you are upset

Re: Just reading about his arrest and the injuries to the victim

Aug 2, 2021, 11:08 AM [ in reply to Just reading about his arrest and the injuries to the victim ]

It’s a bad situation no doubt. Avoidable with just a little common sense which eludes a larger portion of the population that I imagined. Apparently from reading some responses here, most all teens have driven over 100MPH in daytime traffic avoiding mail carriers and other cars/trucks just as a form of “fun” and “exhilaration”.

Dabo & Clemson will handle it as best they can. It definitely hurts depth at corner for our game with your Dawgs.

What are your thoughts on JT Daniels and the game with our Tigers ??

Aug 2, 2021, 11:44 AM

Will be praying for you this young man. I pray he will learn from this lack of good judgment. Glad no one was seriously injured.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Prayers are sent to all - God be with them***

Aug 2, 2021, 12:54 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 39
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic