Topic: Post season hopes!
Replies: 3   Last Post: May 9, 2021, 11:08 PM by: Clemgalalways
[ Tiger Boards - Baseball ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 3  

Post season hopes!

[2]
Posted: May 9, 2021, 9:53 PM

I think we desperately need to beat the coots Win the FSU series and the Duke series. If we do that Clemson will probably squeak in as a 3 seed somewhere. That’s the way I see it

link

Re: Post season hopes!

[1]
Posted: May 9, 2021, 10:15 PM

Agree. But hard to see that happening. Hope I am wrong.

2021 white level member link

[1]
Posted: May 9, 2021, 10:32 PM

Beat South Carolina,Win 2 of 3 against FSU,then not only Win the series against Duke but sweep them at home and Win at least 2 games in the ACC Tournament in Pool Play with 1 loss coming in the final 4.Do all that and end up 30-23 and that should get the Tigers into a Regional but the question is can they do that.Just me but I feel the Tigers will have to get to 30 Wins to make the postseason.

link

[1]
Posted: May 9, 2021, 11:08 PM

Good chance with the coots imo. Mid week starter hasn't been strong. We'll be in a tough pod since we're 5th in our division. Pitt with moving into 2nd in coastal may drop from the rankings. But we should still have 4 ranked.

I think we should sweep Duke. Last place in coastal and about like wake, but a 13-7 record of current g1 teams and we're 10-20 against q1 teams. Duke moved ahead of us so a sweep might not be so easy.

So that leaves FSU series in tala. Tall drink of water to win that series. Traditional hitters park with that funky wall. I guess they still have that. Anyway, that leaves our draw in the pod.

Should get interesting but still a lot of automatic births in regional leave few spots. Especially if USC upstate were to lose their tourney. Lots of ifs but in your scenario, I think we might make it at 29 wins.

link

Replies: 3  
[ Tiger Boards - Baseball ]
Start New Topic
873 people have read this post