Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Pitt postgame press conferences
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 66
| visibility 1

Pitt postgame press conferences

Oct 23, 2021, 7:25 PM

Starting now

Message was edited by: TonyCrumpton®

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Pitt postgame press conferences

Oct 23, 2021, 7:26 PM

Tony Elliott on mistakes, tells me they have to keep working. Again says something lost in translation from practice to games.

Oct 23, 2021, 7:56 PM

I am so sick of his insipid bull pucks

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 23, 2021, 8:08 PM [ in reply to Re: Pitt postgame press conferences ]

yes, it starts with the play generating from the sideline. From there, calling what works and doesn't work.. EX..... our WRs cannot block the wr screen play, so...... stop calling it. total waste of a down. I think we overpay his position.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 23, 2021, 7:27 PM

You mean excuse making conference starting now?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2013_nascar_champ.gif2014_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tony Elliott said that they thought Taisun gave them a different look. However, too early to say what happens moving forward.

badge-seniorwriter.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tony Elliott on not running the ball at end of first half, Elliott said first play was a called pass, second was RPO, then obviously pass on third down. But he thinks it might have been three straight passes

The question that needs to be asked is…how did the offense go from one of the 10 best in the country to one of the 10 worst fbs offenses in the country?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That’s easy…

Oct 23, 2021, 7:32 PM

No Trevor and no Travis

Oct 23, 2021, 7:34 PM [ in reply to Re: Pitt postgame press conferences ]

TL and Etieen and Rogers left for NFL. Tigers had NFL once in a lifetime talent for 6 years and won 2 natties and played in 6 CFB POGs for 6 yrs. That talent and Venables made the coaches look like geniuses. Until that talent happens again or new OC staff is hired, Tigers will not sniff another natty.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2013_nascar_champ.gif2014_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 23, 2021, 7:51 PM

Agreed

Oct 23, 2021, 8:14 PM [ in reply to Re: Pitt postgame press conferences ]

TL and Etieen and Rogers left for NFL. Tigers had NFL once in a lifetime talent for 6 years and won 2 natties and played in 6 CFB POGs for 6 yrs. That talent and Venables made the coaches look like geniuses. Until that talent happens again or new OC staff is hired, Tigers will not sniff another natty.

This!

Oct 23, 2021, 9:04 PM [ in reply to Re: Pitt postgame press conferences ]

Lord a natty ? I just would like to look like a football team that can win a freaking game!

Elliott says every job on the offense has to be evaluated.

including his

Oct 23, 2021, 7:28 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: including his

Oct 23, 2021, 7:36 PM

Esp. his.

Oct 23, 2021, 7:28 PM [ in reply to Re: Pitt postgame press conferences ]

Needs to resign tonight.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

speaking of evaluations.......

Oct 23, 2021, 7:29 PM [ in reply to Re: Pitt postgame press conferences ]

nm

Oct 23, 2021, 7:36 PM [ in reply to Re: Pitt postgame press conferences ]

Is he gonna evaluate himself??? Or will Dabo do it for him??

Oct 23, 2021, 7:40 PM [ in reply to Re: Pitt postgame press conferences ]

Hopefully he was referring to ALL the offensive coaches, including himself.

2024 white level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 23, 2021, 7:29 PM

Elliott looks pained during his postgame presser. Never seen a Clemson coach look this way

We've never been punked this way under him

Oct 23, 2021, 7:30 PM

He needs to consider leaving as the best move.

Ain't working anymore

Oct 23, 2021, 7:30 PM [ in reply to Re: Pitt postgame press conferences ]

Elliott knows it's over for him and he will never be an OC again

Oct 23, 2021, 7:38 PM

The brains left last season

Oct 23, 2021, 7:31 PM [ in reply to Re: Pitt postgame press conferences ]

Elliott looks pained during his postgame presser. Never seen a Clemson coach look this way

Poor millionaire.

Oct 23, 2021, 7:32 PM [ in reply to Re: Pitt postgame press conferences ]

You still scared to ask Dabo about firing Elliott?

Oct 23, 2021, 7:57 PM [ in reply to Re: Pitt postgame press conferences ]

He had his run. He got paid, He's a dinosaur that rode the backs of DW and TL. TE needs to resign.

Oct 23, 2021, 8:09 PM [ in reply to Re: Pitt postgame press conferences ]

That has to hurt to not get this figured knowing there is a lot of talent. He loved Clemson and I like Tony Elliot a lot but the offense has slid tremendously since Jeff Scott left. Everyone wanted to give TE the credit but I always thought he was too conservative for a great offensive scheme. Too analytical if you must with the engineering mentality, but you need to be a poker player with bluff and chances when the scheme is getting shut out. He has never let RBs play unless they blocked first even if they could hit a full-house sometimes!

Oct 23, 2021, 7:30 PM

Elliott says drop by Shipley, Bock going out with injury, a protection issue on another play that got them out of rhythm, all combined to hurt the offensive flow

What flow?

Oct 23, 2021, 7:31 PM

Never establish one

Oct 23, 2021, 7:38 PM [ in reply to Re: Pitt postgame press conferences ]

Of course doesn't bring up the mistakes by QB1.

Oct 23, 2021, 8:12 PM [ in reply to Re: Pitt postgame press conferences ]

we haven't had a rhythm all year. Dude is just mouthing words to talk. I'd be more impressed if he'd just state, I really need to figure out what can work with this team. it is painfully obvious the past 'standard' is not working very well.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 23, 2021, 7:32 PM

On shovel pass, Elliott says DJ has to put that in the dirt or continue on a sprint. He said that was a "tough" play.

Oct 23, 2021, 7:35 PM

"Trust me, I wish I knew because if I could put my finger on it, I’d definitely put all five, 10 of my fingers on it to stop it." -- Elliott on drops.

why quit running ship when he was looking

Oct 23, 2021, 7:35 PM

to break one almost every time he touched the ball?

Oct 23, 2021, 7:36 PM

Elliott is asked if they needed to run the ball more considering they were averaging 5.5 yards per carry, he mentions Pitt's structure and says they needed to win on contested plays down the field

lol***

Oct 23, 2021, 7:44 PM

Oct 23, 2021, 7:51 PM [ in reply to Re: Pitt postgame press conferences ]

That daggum structure …. Shoot

Oct 23, 2021, 8:00 PM [ in reply to Re: Pitt postgame press conferences ]

gibberish

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 23, 2021, 8:14 PM [ in reply to Re: Pitt postgame press conferences ]

what? That is psychobabble for I don't have a clue.

Oct 23, 2021, 7:37 PM

Swinney: Obviously a very disappointing game...offensively so many missed opportunities, missed throws, drops. We are what we are right now. Very immature. Young. A very unconfident offense, that's for sure.

Tired of this excuse! "We are what we are right now"

Oct 23, 2021, 7:41 PM

These millions they're getting paid have been merit based for a group proven in handling the attrition and gauntlet of navigating new players. Breaking them in. Coaching them up.

It feels very unprepared this year. Like we're rebuilding, when on paper we shouldn't be

Oct 23, 2021, 8:01 PM [ in reply to Re: Pitt postgame press conferences ]

That is a failure of coaching

Oct 23, 2021, 7:38 PM

Swinney: We didn't affect the QB like we needed to...Everything we needed to do to win the game - we didn't do. We didn't make the routine plays that were there. Missed some huge opportunities...Couldn't get them off the field and couldn't stay on the field.

Oct 23, 2021, 7:39 PM

Swinney: Pitt made the plays and took advantage of some opportunities. Their QB was outstanding. We did some good things early, and again, had a lot of things there we didn't capitalize on. That's kinda what we are right now. We're a 4-3 team and that's what we've earned. That's 100% on me. It starts with the head coach period.

Oct 23, 2021, 7:40 PM

Swinney says it looks like Matt Bockhorst tore his ACL. Braden Galloway separated his shoulder.

Oct 23, 2021, 7:41 PM

Swinney: This is not the Clemson standard. But in the long run, this will make us better. It's my job to get us better...We have to keep grinding and find a way to get a win next week.

Oct 23, 2021, 7:43 PM

Swinney: I thought DJ responded well (after being benched midgame)...That's probably the biggest disappointment and there's eight minutes and we've got three timeouts and they took a knee and we never got the ball back. Disappointed we didn't get a chance to get him the ball back. At the end of the day, it was a poor performance all the way around.

Oct 23, 2021, 7:44 PM

Swinney on a potential QB competition: I think everything is under evaluation at this point...We have to do everything we can to find a way to win a game.

Oct 23, 2021, 7:47 PM

Oh gosh, he's just now gotten to that 8 million dollar conclusion? Get us a ###### refund!

Oct 23, 2021, 8:00 PM [ in reply to Re: Pitt postgame press conferences ]

Swinney on a potential QB competition: I think everything is under evaluation at this point...We have to do everything we can to find a way to win a game.

"everything is under evaluation"?..LOL. OK, we believe you Dabo-saurus Rex.

Oct 23, 2021, 7:47 PM

Swinney on DJ Uiagalelei struggles and mindset: I think it's a little bit of everything. His last two games were his best two games...Tonight, I thought Tony (Elliott) had a great plan and gave him a chance to win the game. You've got to find a rhythm...The play to (Will) Shipley, he makes a beautiful throw...It's a combo of immaturity, youth, lack of confidence. All of that affects their rhythm. The kids are trying hard but we're not very good right now. We've got to keep grinding.

Oct 23, 2021, 7:50 PM

Oh good grief. TE didn't have a great plan, otherwise he would have let Shipley run.

DJ ain't no kid...

Oct 23, 2021, 7:50 PM [ in reply to Re: Pitt postgame press conferences ]

DJ has been tossin' the ball since he was 2yrs old... he's 20... quit the ###### excuses!

Swinney on social media criticisms wanting sweeping changes after 4-3 start: If I start running this program by listening to people outside, I'll probably be one of them quick...I think we've been a model of consistency. On and off the field. Hopefully, we've earned a little bit of trust. Everyone has a right to be disappointed. I'm sick to my stomach. It's been a long time since I've been in a situation like this. I know what I'm made of and what these kids are made of. We'll grow through it.

He's made of 93 millions dollars***

Oct 23, 2021, 7:51 PM

Swinney: I'll show back up tomorrow and get back it. There's no quit in me and no quit in this staff. We'll focus on winning this week and that's all we can do.

Oct 23, 2021, 7:54 PM

It’s been a great run, but they are not innovating enough to stay head of the competition…. Need to bring new ideas and approaches, they have gotten stale and everyone can see it… when regular people can call what they are running each play, it’s time to rethink ur approach…..

They need to be hungry and humble like they were when they were up and coming…. They just think their past will carry them forward…. Frustrating…. Get hungry and humble,

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://www.tigernet.com/clemson-football/update/matt-bockhorst-braden-galloway-injury-updates-38943

Oct 23, 2021, 7:52 PM

Swinney on if staff changes needed to made now: Absolutely not. We have a great staff that I believe in wholeheartedly. It's definitely a year that's hard to explain. It's just crazy what we have dealt with. Again, nobody wants to hear that. Again, I'm here every day and I've got a good perspective and a front-row seat to the issues we have. I believe in our staff and love our kids and we'll keep pushing through.

Pitt postgame... or more excuses from Dabo & Elliott...

Oct 23, 2021, 7:55 PM

Swinney on if staff changes needed to made now: Absolutely not. We have a great staff that I believe in wholeheartedly. It's definitely a year that's hard to explain. It's just crazy what we have dealt with. Again, nobody wants to hear that. Again, I'm here every day and I've got a good perspective and a front-row seat to the issues we have. I believe in our staff and love our kids and we'll keep pushing through.

A papa always says that about his kids, even the black sheep of the family... that's not being a HC!

Oct 23, 2021, 8:04 PM [ in reply to Re: Pitt postgame press conferences ]

Wait...what????? You just said "EVERYTHING I UNDER EVALUATION". NOw we have a "great staff". How do you make this statement if you haven't completed the evaluation yet? We're 4-3 in a mediocre conference with 4 and 5 stars players all over the field. LOL..utter garbage.

Oct 23, 2021, 7:53 PM

Swinney: I think we have enough (players) to win. We're young and immature and not confident and that's my responsibility. That's my responsibility to take what we have and win. I have to find a way for us to win.

Oct 23, 2021, 7:56 PM

Swinney: It's not that you're 4-3. It's how you respond to it...We're going to go back to work tomorrow. We'll focus on what we can control...We're going to have to play a lot better. We all have to take ownership, but again, it's my responsibility and that's my job to get us better going forward.

Oct 23, 2021, 7:57 PM

Swinney says Frank Ladson Jr (groin) is out for the year.

Oct 23, 2021, 7:58 PM

Swinney has hopes that EJ Williams (knee) and Joseph Ngata (COVID protocol) will be back next week.

Oct 23, 2021, 8:12 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxU1cXGuThg

Replies: 66
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic