Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Pickens and Burch ... you think they had fun saturday night
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

Pickens and Burch ... you think they had fun saturday night

Dec 1, 2021, 8:48 AM

??

I hope so.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

dunno.. i dont hang around 5 points

Dec 1, 2021, 8:53 AM

not a very nice area

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

When alleged 5*'s go to coot U, there is probably a reason

Dec 1, 2021, 8:55 AM

That reason being, they were not really 5* caliber players.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I can't really sign off on that. Let's face it, there ARE

Dec 1, 2021, 9:27 AM

kids who think they MUST play in the SEC to have the best chance of getting drafted into the NFL. Now, we could argue the validity of those thoughts all day long, but playing in the SEC is the one thing that Clemson cannot offer, for those so inclined.

The real argument that should be made is: Does playing for South Carolina REALLY qualify as playing in the SEC? Can you say "Doormat", Boys and Gurls? I knew you could.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That argument makes little sense unless its about staying

Dec 1, 2021, 9:47 AM

at home. otherwise, there are multitudes of SEC schools that would gladly sign legitimate 5* players. The list is, well, the entire league. If its about starting immediately, the list doesnt shrink by much....take off maybe Alabama, UGA.....? Still leaves a whole bunch of better choices than USuC, you know, if winning football games appeals to you.

Could be something to the staying home aspect of it. My

Dec 1, 2021, 10:08 AM

point is, I don't get the notion of trashing a player we were recruiting, just because he signs with someone else. Some on here seem to feel the need to do that with every player we lose. We can say they made a mistake, and all that jazz, but it was never OUR decision to make.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Could be something to the staying home aspect of it. My

Dec 1, 2021, 10:36 AM

I agree with you on it .Kids will be kids. It is a family decision not ours.

Don’t forget Joyner (1st part of his name is ironic, eh?)

Dec 1, 2021, 9:11 AM

Didn’t come to Clemson because they wouldn’t recruit him as a QB.

Since he made his choice, I had no problem laughing at him when the few plays he got on the field were NOT at QB. He couldn’t even beat out walk ons, GAs and some 2 star recruits at QB….. maybe he should’ve transferred to Newberry.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Re: Don’t forget Joyner (1st part of his name is ironic, eh?)

Dec 1, 2021, 1:01 PM

I hate it for DJ, that kid was electric in high school. He got some bad advice, would likely be looking at the NFL as a safety for us.

Re: Pickens and Burch ... you think they had fun saturday night

Dec 1, 2021, 9:15 AM

Pickens has been an absolute bust, you hardly even notice either one on the field as their names don't get called much. 2 5* DL going to waste out there, what a shame. They thought for sure they were going to have a D-Line similar to ours when they go those 2 guys haha, not even close. I think our coaches knew what they were doing when they pursued Murphy much harder than Burch that year. Then the coots get all excited for our leftovers!

Dec 1, 2021, 9:32 AM

They were conspicuous by their lack of mention. Neither one of them appear on the NCAA list for sacks and TFL. Pickens is 8th on the team in tackles; Burch is 15th. Burch missed a couple of games but has a pick 6 against Eastern Illinois.

I'll take Murphy over both of them. Burch & Pickens combined have a total of 56 total tackles. Murphy has 73.

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Dec 1, 2021, 11:02 AM

When I saw Burch play in high school I knew he was way overrated. Pickens has surprised me. Thought he was going to be real good player.

Probably not, but it’s funny you never heard

Dec 1, 2021, 9:21 AM

their names all night long…

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Probably not, but it’s funny you never heard

Dec 1, 2021, 3:29 PM

Once a Coot, always a nothing.

I don't think they've had much fun since they've been there.***

Dec 1, 2021, 9:23 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 1, 2021, 10:03 AM

This says a lot

Did they play? Never heard their names....***

Dec 1, 2021, 10:12 AM

Re: Did they play? Never heard their names....***

Dec 1, 2021, 11:16 AM

Saw Burch in 4th quarter for a play or two..

Dec 1, 2021, 1:31 PM

I watched pickens play in the state high school championship game and I was soooo glad that he went to u of suck.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 1, 2021, 3:11 PM

I agree. He did not show much ability against Dutch Fork that day.

I have no idea who or what you are talking about.

Dec 1, 2021, 3:33 PM

Carry on.

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic