Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
paying college f.b. players and the transfer portal
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1

paying college f.b. players and the transfer portal

Sep 21, 2021, 9:02 AM

will be the demise of college football.

you sign a letter to play and get your education at a university you should honor that.

not transfer because you got your undies in a bundle or lack of playing.

you signed to play at clemson ljd 23 and you like many others have left the family high and dry.

go tigers beat ncst.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Flip the argument and think about the kid's perspective. I

Sep 21, 2021, 9:24 AM

don't know LJD personally, so this may not apply to him at all. But for some, their only way out of poverty, at least as they see it, is a lucrative NFL contract. So, you stay behind one of the greatest to ever play at Clemson and then get passed up by some recruits. Do you stay and finish out your eligibility and not get any attention of college scouts, or do you graduate from Clemson in December (which LJD is on track to do) and then transfer somewhere like Mellusi did (Wisconsin) and get a fresh look. Yes it hasn't worked well for others, but I think Mellusi probably helped himself.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Flip the argument and think about the kid's perspective. I

Sep 21, 2021, 12:13 PM

You just called a grown man a kid,

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Your first sentence may be true.

Sep 21, 2021, 9:36 AM

But if so, then so be it.

I'm all for people having the autonomy to determine where they want to be, how best to get paid for their efforts that make programs tons of money and the best way to invest in their future (either through a degree or through catching on at the next level).

From a practical standpoint it would appear many transfers don't seem to be definitively paying off in the way that players hoped, and that will start to be part of future players' decision making. It will work itself out after a bit, and if it doesn't and the sport significantly changes then, again, so be it. It's still, in my estimation, the right move for the players to have that freedom.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 3
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic