Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Over the last ten years, I bet I haven't seen 3 secs called
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

Over the last ten years, I bet I haven't seen 3 secs called

Jan 28, 2023, 11:12 PM

more than 5 times.....2 on us today. And then the two charging fouls on us late in the game were almost enough to do the trick....

This team just would not quit...

Go Tigers.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Over the last ten years, I bet I haven't seen 3 secs called

Jan 28, 2023, 11:17 PM

Agreed, Spud. The charging fouls were really sad--especially the last one on Hall.
Have got to find a way to avoid these long scoring droughts in future ACC games.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

According to Tim Bourret

Jan 28, 2023, 11:42 PM

There were 4 charge/blocking calls in the 2nd half and they all went against us. He was pretty hot about that.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Those 4 plays are conceivably a 16 pont swing...How much

Jan 29, 2023, 7:13 AM

were we up by in the first half?

Re: Those 4 plays are conceivably a 16 pont swing...How much

Jan 29, 2023, 7:56 AM

We went up 13-0 and 16-3 early. I think that might have been the largest leads.

Jan 28, 2023, 11:19 PM

While the tv announcers said the second of the calls was also 3 seconds, Don Munson said they called palming on Chase. Either way a horrible call. Palming could be called 50 times a game. You just can’t all of a sudden decide to call it.

Jan 28, 2023, 11:22 PM

You are correct. Palming, walking, and 3 seconds have almost disappeared from the game. When I played back in the Dark Ages, it was called often.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Palming? Good lord, most players palm constantly, some more

Jan 28, 2023, 11:36 PM [ in reply to Re: Over the last ten years, I bet I haven't seen 3 secs called ]

blatantly and egregiously than others, but nobody dribbles legally anymore, to the point that it has completely changed the game. You're right, they could call that all game long in every game, but for some reason have decided to completely ignore it. Yet today, out of the blue, we get called for it? Whaaaaaaat?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

In the GT game the other night,a GT player took off down the

Jan 29, 2023, 7:15 AM

sideline, palmed it and it got stuck against his body, put it back on the floor and kept going down the sideline...no call for palming...

Re: In the GT game the other night,a GT player took off down the

Jan 29, 2023, 7:20 AM

Not sure any of them can dribble with out palming. Back when I played in Jr. High that was a point of emphasis. Hand could not be under the basketball.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MEG

Now the hand automatically goes under the ball, is turned

Jan 29, 2023, 12:16 PM

over, bounced, and repeated. Watch most guards out top setting up the offense ... no defender pressuring them, just stting up. Thedy stand there, giving directions, while repeatedly, blatantly palming and turning the ball over. Not only is every single crossover move a big-time carry, most penetration moves to the basket involve an egregious carry.

Why have officials, and the governing bodies who are in charge of rules and officiating, made the conscious decision to ignore this rule, along with travelling and hanging on the rim?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Jan 29, 2023, 7:52 AM

How about some FSU flops that went "unnoticed."

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

The out of bounds at the under 12 media break was

Jan 29, 2023, 7:58 AM

INFURIATING ….. and why I hate basketball in general.

semihole dood is ALL OVER our back on the rebound - he’d have to change his name to Shawl or our dude’s name would go to Step Ladder….

It goes out of bounds - out on us - semiholes keep the ball.

They call every ticky tack on every drive and can’t see the mugging.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

When did the rule change that your feet don’t have to be set to take a charge?

Jan 29, 2023, 12:34 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyway.”

? John Wayne

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic