Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Our Guys @ The Linger Longer Invitational . . .
Tiger Boards - Other Clemson Sports
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

Our Guys @ The Linger Longer Invitational . . .

Mar 21, 2023, 1:49 PM

are “Having a Day”!!!!!!!

Currently shooting an aggregate score of -7 through Holes 10-13 . . . We have taken over 5th Place and are just 3 shots out of 4th Place!!!

Here’s your Link . . . You need to keep an eye on them:
https://results.golfstat.com/public/leaderboards/gsnav.cfm?pg=team&tid=26010

🐯 FINISH STRONG TIGERS!!! 🐯

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Our Guys @ The Linger Longer Invitational . . .

Mar 21, 2023, 2:32 PM

How bout them new name Tigers... just hold it thru the finish as you said. Either way, this is fun and more like our Tigers.

Incidentally, we gave 12 strokes counters to the field in first round on the par 3's. Think about where we'd be. Ugh. Cruel sometimes but lots of hope too.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Our Guys @ The Linger Longer Invitational . . .

Mar 21, 2023, 4:09 PM

Kian, another par 3... LP probably pulled what little hair he's got.... we all know that's his pet peeve.

pull for vandy to find some water on the inward half. A couple triple bogeys should be enough.

We’re assured of a 5th Place Finish . . .

Mar 21, 2023, 4:24 PM

and depending on how #1 Ranked Vandy and #34 UGA wrap their rounds up . . . we may just sneak up another spot!!!

Whatever happens, we are currently in the Clubhouse with the best round of the day AND of the Tournament with an aggregate score of 281 . . . we’ll see if it holds. This lineup showed we can play with the best. (We knocked 10 strokes off our improved score from Round 2.)

Kudos Tigers!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dawgs Dove Down the Board...

Mar 21, 2023, 5:31 PM

Holes 13-18 were not Dawg-friendly and Clemson finished 4th.

A promising sign that Clemson may be able to participate in the Regional they host?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dawgs Dove Down the Board...

Mar 21, 2023, 5:55 PM

Was that fun or what. Jumped for joy when I saw those black squares on uga 's card. Couldn't happen to a better team.

This should be enough to get us ranked again. Keep this line-up. Shoutout to Kian Rose for a T8 for the tournament. Hopefully a good sign for the rest of Spring.

Bama ended with the best score on the day and somehow ga tech tied us for 2nd best round. Definitely have to give a shoutout to Ga Tech kid Ross Steelman who shot a clean card sweet 64 today (-8). Low round of the tournament.

Ugh, one par 3 triple bogey away from tying #1 vandy for 3rd place.

Congratulations Tigers. Mucho needed!!!!

Re: Dawgs Dove Down the Board...

Mar 21, 2023, 6:18 PM

Oh yes. While the Dawgs got a few birdies, they got several flavors of bogies. A quad? Do they have a special name for that. If I actually played golf, I would know because that my be a good score for me.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We took down 4 Ranked Opponents . . .

Mar 21, 2023, 6:01 PM [ in reply to Dawgs Dove Down the Board... ]

#16 UVA
#34 UGA
#37 UNCG
#44 Arkansas

Kudos to Coach Byrd in his “lineup variation” and to Kian Rose, Andrew Swanson, Jonathan Nielsen and Thomas Higgins for finishing in the Top Half of the Field . . . and even though Alberto Dominguez finished T-55th Place for the Tournament, his -3 on the Final Round was critical in our move up the Leaderboard!!!

Overall . . . I’m extremely impressed with our showing and our guys proving that they can compete with anyone!!!

Way to Go Tigers!!!

Re: We took down 4 Ranked Opponents . . .

Mar 21, 2023, 6:22 PM

YES!!!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Tiger Boards - Other Clemson Sports
add New Topic