»
Topic: OT offense
Replies: 12   Last Post: Sep 27, 2021, 1:02 PM by: ddclemson
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your CatCoins™ to grant this post a special award and grant the author bonus CatCoins™!

YOUR BALANCE
monetization_on
[ Tiger Boards - Clemson Football ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 12  

OT offense

emoji_events [6]
Sep 26, 2021, 9:58 PM

Am I the only one that saw DJ throw two very good balls to our best receiver in double ot?

I mean part of modern football is throwing a receiver open and letting them make a play. I saw DJ throw two pretty good balls that gave Ross a chance to make a play and he just didn’t.

A qb needs to give his guys a chance to make a bog play and I just felt like DJ did that twice in a row.

flag link

Agreed...

[2]
Sep 26, 2021, 10:08 PM

Still don't know WTH ross was doing on that second play. Like he didn't give a D

2021 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link

I thought the same thing. Perhaps he lost it in the lights?***

Sep 26, 2021, 11:10 PM

Cobbox on Brad Brownell: “His only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

I still don't understand why you go for the home run on 4th

[4]
Sep 26, 2021, 10:11 PM

and 5, instead of just trying to get the first down.

Re: I still don't understand why you go for the home run on 4th

Sep 26, 2021, 11:09 PM

^^^^^this^^^^^ NM

flag link

Re: I still don't understand why you go for the home run on 4th

Sep 27, 2021, 7:58 AM

IMO Ross had the only matchup on the field that we were winning consistently. He is your best player, and in pressure moments, I never have a problem when the play goes to your best player. I also think that route is a high probability play for PI (which I thought happened).

I guess my point for this post is this… Ross did win his matchup twice. He also IMO drew contact that could have gotten the PI call on the last play (It looked like one of his hands was held). DJ threw good balls to him twice.

Because Ross was in position to make a play, I can’t fault play calling.

It just didn’t click and it’s frustrating. It just is not clicking.

flag link

Even for that, why not throw a shorter pass to him with

Sep 27, 2021, 9:30 AM

a higher percentage chance to complete and pick up the first down w/o even worrying or trying to get the PI call.

flag link

Re: OT offense

[3]
Sep 26, 2021, 10:20 PM

To me it looked like perhaps Ross' arm was being held and that's why he didn't even extend for the ball. But I may be mistaken.

flag link

Sep 26, 2021, 11:15 PM

I couldn’t quite make it out in the replay but I think that’s what happened. Heck state should’ve had offensive pass interference on the tying TD in OT it was an obvious pick play.

flag link

Sep 27, 2021, 1:02 PM

Beggin' the captain's pardon, but a pick won us a Natty!

flag link

Sep 26, 2021, 11:31 PM

Definitely looked like that in the replay. Holding would've had to be blatent to get a call. Would have rather seen a try for the first down. Middle looked to be wide open for a short pass. Thought a TE delay might have worked.

2021 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link

the only good politician is a dead politician.

Sep 27, 2021, 4:18 AM

Agree that TE delay would have been a good call.

flag link

Sep 27, 2021, 9:07 AM

Isn’t that what we did in a pressure situation against Georgia. It was like 3rd down late in the 4th. Hit the wide open TE who literally drops the ball…

flag link

Replies: 12  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: UConn
FOR SALE: 2 Great seats lower level 15 rows from field North Side. $50 each. Text/Email if interested.

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Tiger Boards - Clemson Football ]
Start New Topic
1342 people have read this post