Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Optimist vs pessimist
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1

Optimist vs pessimist

Oct 16, 2021, 8:29 AM

The optimist says we are just a few plays away from being 6-0, but the pessimist says we are a few plays away from being 1-5. The frustrating part to all of us Clemson fans is that we have now scored only 74 points in our five games against top-tier opponents. Whereas last year we were having to take Trevor out of the game in the third quarter so we would not score 74 points in one game!! I am not giving up on our tigers! I realize Finebaum says we are irrelevant to college football right now, But on that same line of thinking, I assume he thinks that Texas A&M, LSU, and Auburn are also irrelevant to college football. We still have a shot at the ACC championship, so Go Tigers and let’s get it done!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Optimist vs pessimist

Oct 16, 2021, 8:46 AM

Not giving up on the Tigers either. Though they are hard to watch.

The defense is holding up well given tons of injuries and etc. The offense is in complete disarray. DJ played better in Q2. The rest if the team and play calling is inconsistent as well. Biggest issue is that TE does not own this offense and the players sense that and are not focused and are coasting

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 16, 2021, 8:57 AM

How about a realist. This team is play mediocre offensive football, they are not well prepared mentally, the coaching is the worst it's been in 10 years (even Skalski had to scream at them tonight), our punter is painfully inconsistent etc. But this coaching staff has brought more joy to this fan base than anyone could have ever dreamed and if you're whining then you're an a**hole.

Oct 16, 2021, 9:24 AM

To be optimistic, the Tigers have a coaching staff, but on the flip side, its not the same coaching staff from even 3 years ago.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The bigger concern is

Oct 16, 2021, 9:19 AM

That point total against only 1 (not 5) top tier opponents. Let’s be honest, if these point totals were against a brutal schedule we’d all feel a little different. But we are taking about Syracuse, BC (without their starting QB), GT, and Nancy State. All of which are average at best - with some being below average.

You forgot realist

Oct 16, 2021, 9:23 AM

realizing our offense is a struggle, and likely will continue as one, as the issues are to numerous to fix completely in season. Many reasons for them, some in the staff's control, some not. But the staff has realized this, it's the fans who have not. Which is why the staff is focusing on what they can control, like execution, and not personnel, which isn't changing in October.

Replies: 5
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic