»
Topic: Only 2 times in 23 years
Replies: 10   Last Post: Oct 13, 2021, 6:54 PM by: clemsonbluejay
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your CatCoins™ to grant this post a special award and grant the author bonus CatCoins™!

YOUR BALANCE
monetization_on
[ Tiger Boards - Clemson Football ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 10  

Only 2 times in 23 years

[4]
Oct 13, 2021, 1:14 PM

has the coach seen faking injuries on offense to get a timeout? He must not have played against many sec teams. lol

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/32389698/iowa-coach-kirk-ferentz-defends-fans-booing-penn-state-players-going-down

flag link

I think a new rule could eliminate that

[4]
Oct 13, 2021, 1:45 PM

Similar to how a player that has his helmet come off has to leave for a play, have any defensive player that goes down with an injury become ineligible to return for that drive.

2021 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link

Let’s hope so.***

[1]
Oct 13, 2021, 1:47 PM

flag link

Re: I think a new rule could eliminate that

[1]
Oct 13, 2021, 2:08 PM

Dawg down! Dawg down!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link

Re: I think a new rule could eliminate that

[1]
Oct 13, 2021, 4:33 PM

Right now the player just has to be out for one play...I like the idea of the reminder of the possession.

flag link

We have all seen on TV broadcasts where the player is

Oct 13, 2021, 2:53 PM

perfectly fine, until he looks to the sidelines. Then, he suddenly falls to the ground in agonizing pain, causing injury timeouts and delay of the game.

For those situations, where the fakery is caught on camera, I propose 20 yards in penalties. 15 for Unsportsmanlike Conduct, and 5 more for delay of game.

That wouldn't have to happen many times with defensive players before the practice would be curtailed.

I can't say that I have seen an offensive player do it. But, the same penalties should apply if they do. But, if it was an offensive player, I would add the additional punishment of a 10 second runoff of the clock, since the only reason I could see for an offensive player to do it would be to stop the game in a situation where they have no timeouts.

2021 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link

Re: We have all seen on TV broadcasts where the player is

Oct 13, 2021, 4:12 PM

And the games will last 5 hours.

flag link

Oct 13, 2021, 5:46 PM

How about the 'hurt' faker being out of action for five minutes of game clock time to "recover" from his wounds + 5 yard penalty + and the other team gets the option of either taking the 'faker penalty' in which 30 seconds of game clock are run off ... or for refusing the run-off of 30 seconds.

This 'faker hurt' BS needs to stop.

flag link

Oct 13, 2021, 5:54 PM

The problem is you cannot prove "fake". Take that out of the equation and make it simple - if the game has to be stopped because you are hurt, you sit out the remainder of the series.

flag link

In some situations you can. Just like I said, when the

Oct 13, 2021, 6:51 PM

player is standing around, and THEN suddenly falls down after looking to the sideline, throw the flag, after reviewing the available video. It won't take long for it to stop if the penalty is severe enough.

2021 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link

Re: In some situations you can. Just like I said, when the

Oct 13, 2021, 6:54 PM

Still can't prove it. It would be speculation, no matter how obvious it looks. It would also slow the game down tremendously for all of these reviews.

All he'd have to say is "Sorry, I got a cramp". That can happen quickly and resolve quickly.

flag link

Replies: 10  
[ Tiger Boards - Clemson Football ]
Start New Topic
1596 people have read this post