Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
One thing missing from TE's Mon presser
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

One thing missing from TE's Mon presser

Sep 27, 2021, 2:31 PM

Responsibility.

Admittedly, I just read the Tnet summary - I'm at work so didn't listen to the entire thing and could have missed this. But I didn't see any claim of responsibility. I saw blame laid at execution again, which, in my opinion, is putting it on the players, and while I'm sure there's plenty of blame to go around, the OC should take full responsibility for how his offense plays. The HC should take full responsibility for how his entire team plays. I'm seeing that from DS, but didn't hear that from TE. Maybe I missed it - I hope so. But leaders have to take responsibility for the good and the bad, and not worry about how it may impact their future as a potential head coach somewhere, which is taking a SERIOUS hit at the moment. Show some leadership, take responsibility, put the offense on your back, and carry them out of this mess. Quit pinning it on execution, which is essentially putting it back on the players. You're the boss. Take responsibility.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: One thing missing from TE's Mon presser

Sep 27, 2021, 2:42 PM

He basically said what we call works we aren’t changing

For whomever TD'd me (not that I care)

Sep 27, 2021, 2:51 PM

Even if it was in the presser and I missed it, it should've been some of the first words out of his mouth. "I'm the offensive coordinator. Any problems are my responsibility. It starts and ends with me."

But I don't mind the TD. Seriously, that's one more than TE got in the entirety of the UGa game! HA!

Tell the truth or give coach speak answers to all questions.

Sep 27, 2021, 3:07 PM

That's a tough row to hoe regardless of how he answers the questions.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: One thing missing from TE's Mon presser

Sep 27, 2021, 3:29 PM

Exactly. It doesn't matter how perfectly you execute a play if everybody on the other team knows where you're going. It would serve him better to own up to the fact that he has done a very poor job in preparation and calling plays. And doesn't it ultimately fall on him for not preparing the players so they can execute correctly? Going from top 10 offense to bottom 10 offense in 1 season has to be on the coaches. This is an opportunity for the coaches to walk the walk and show some accountability.

Execution is bad, but so is play calling. He could help put

Sep 27, 2021, 3:41 PM

them in better position to be more successful. There is certainly enough blame for the entire offense to share and not just one group or person.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Execution is bad, but so is play calling. He could help put

Sep 27, 2021, 3:45 PM

I personally feel as though that is what has the majority of the fan base so angry. Just fess up we’ve not done such a good job on our end and we see it own it and are going to fix it. If the next 3 home games only had 20,000 fans would Dabo give the fans a pass or scold us in the media for not showing up?

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic