Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
One "knife twister" needed. Yes, we are a "play away"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 908

One "knife twister" needed. Yes, we are a "play away"

Sep 23, 2021, 1:39 PM

Hear me out before hurling spears:

I've seen often where an offense comes up with sort of a dagger in the heart play that quickly "solves" and demoralizes an otherwise great defensive plan. It basically shows the defense that it better get its act together and that all its prep missed something. All we need is that one "across the middle" / "bubble" / "slant" or whatever, and the defense suddenly realizes it's ill-equipped, and even has problems the rest of the way. It actually gets in their head, changes the psychology.

One great example of this was the Pittsburgh game a few years back (our Natty year, right?).

They found the hole in our otherwise impenetrable D - it was some sort of shovel play they kept running with their tight end. And we couldn't stop it! THey ran it about every other series and we were baffled, and it kind of broke us down. Pitt won the game - a rarity. Remember?

In basketball, a great press can be demoralized by a well-prepared press breaker, effectively causing the team to pull out of the press. (Ollie P never would do this, however, to his team's demise).

Now whether our staff and and team can come up with this and execute, we'll see. So far, they haven't shown this.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: One "knife twister" needed. Yes, we are a "play away"

Sep 23, 2021, 3:48 PM

Agreed. One big pop can change the opponent's mind set. Cause them to loosen up the grip, so to speak. Right now, the box is too tight. Need to blast the dang thing open.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

While that game sucked, one of my fave memories is how then

Sep 23, 2021, 3:48 PM

The ##### confidently ran that out early in the game thinking they had us. But obviously BV had worked on it bc we immediately shut it down. It was as if muschamp was like, well ###### I thought that’s how we were going to win that game.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 2
| visibility 908
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic