Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
On This Day
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

On This Day

Jul 4, 2022, 8:28 AM

July 4th, 1776 Congress ratified the Declaration OF Independence. A document that set the course of conflict with a country at that time that had the most wealth and the largest military in the world, The United Kingdom of Great Britain.

Thirteen small states against Great Britain. How could they possibly be so foolish as to think that they could possibly defeat Great Britain in a war? Never the less they did at great cost, many losing their fortunes, family members, and their own lives also.

Freedom must never be taken for granted and many along the way have paid the ultimate price to protect our liberties.

So today, I urge each of you to know and understand what The Declaration Of Independence and the Constitution state, teach it to your children so they will know also. Please take time to thank God Almighty for his blessings on America.

Message was edited by: Purple Gunstock 15®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: On This Day

Jul 4, 2022, 8:34 AM

Well said. Let freedom ring and if people don't like it leave. We are so blessed.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And, every single person in that room that signed that

Jul 4, 2022, 8:52 AM

document KNEW that they were committing Treason against the British Crown. If this "Freedom Movement" failed, they could all expect to be executed as Traitors. They were literally going "All-In" on the idea of creating an independent democratic country. Today, we celebrate that spirit, and the eventual victory that validated it as real.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 4, 2022, 9:06 AM

Amen PG! ?????

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Here's a pic from that time

Jul 4, 2022, 10:04 AM

Francis Marion posted a couple weeks ago. You're right, it's good to remember what these brave people did for our freedom and our country.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

and let us all remember the help from France... although I'd

Jul 4, 2022, 10:07 AM

say we definitely paid them back in WW2...

https://www.battlefields.org/learn/articles/how-france-helped-win-american-revolution

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

smoking cigarettes and writing something nasty on the wall

Jul 4, 2022, 10:10 AM

Do you mind if I copy to my personal page? You've summed it up well.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 4, 2022, 5:10 PM

I would be honored!

Jul 4, 2022, 5:31 PM

...and against all odds, General George Washington led the American Army, which was out manned and out gunned, to defeat the largest army in the world. Washington set the tone by refusing to negotiate with the British because they wouldn't address him as "General Washington". He was somehow able to keep the Army together during one of the most harsh winters ever recorded, used silent retreat as a tactic, and waited until the British let their guard down to launch his attack in the middle of the night. Pure genius.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic