Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
On This Date: 1986 (17)Clemson- 35 Duke- 3
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 0
| visibility 425

On This Date: 1986 (17)Clemson- 35 Duke- 3

Oct 18, 2021, 11:57 AM

10/18/1986
Clemson, SC

Clemson Dominates Duke in Death Valley; Flowers Becomes School’s All-Time Leading Rusher

Clemson’s Defensive attack mauled the Blue Devils on Saturday afternoon in front of a Homecoming crowd in Death Valley. The Tigers would sack Duke’s QB Steve Slaton five times, keeping pressure on him all day and affecting his performance in a 35-3 Clemson route. Meanwhile, the Clemson offense would be efficient, putting the ball into the Endzone instead of settling for red-zone Field Goals- a point of emphasis all week for Clemson coach Danny Ford.

Michael Dean Perry was an almost unstoppable force in the middle for the Tigers all day long. Perry finished with five solo tackles and two sacks, but his disruptive presence was a thorn in the Blue Devil’s gameplan all day long, stringing out plays and bouncing runs to the outside where there was nowhere to go. The pressure the Tigers’ Defense was able to exert on Slaton resulted in one of the biggest plays of the game. With a full rush from Perry, James Earl, and Henry Carter, Delton Hall was able to pick off Slaton and take it back 67 yards for the score.

“(They) ran a 15-yard Bend Route, and I was able to slack off a little bit and kind of bait him into it” said Hall. “When the QB released the ball, I was able to jump in front of it, and all I could see was green and (the) Endzone”

Clemson would take a 21-3 lead into Halftime, and finish off the Blue Devils in the 2nd Half. Clemson TB Kenny Flowers would carry for 48 Yards in the game, including a 12 yard 3rd QTR gain that would make him the All-Time Clemson ground-gainer. The Tigers would total 35 points on the day, the last coming when Randy Anderson found Steve Griffin for a 27 Yard TD pass in the 4th QTR, putting the Blue Devils away, and the Tigers in control of the ACC.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Replies: 0
| visibility 425
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic