Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
OL Struggles
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 1

OL Struggles

Sep 26, 2021, 8:49 AM

I was looking at Clemson O Linemen on an active NFL Roster (not practice squad) and I don't need more than one hand to count them. I'm sure most of you knew that already.

In 2020 the NFL OL pipeline was topped by the B1G 10 - Wisconsin, Ohio State, and Michigan, then they are followed by ND, Oklahoma, Alabama, Florida, the real and only USC, Miami, and rounding out the top 10 is B1G 10 Iowa. I did read that ND currently has the most OL in the NFL after the 2021 draft.

1. Why aren't the Clemson coaches using their contacts and network to find out the traits these B1G 10 teams are looking for when recruiting OL and how they develop them?

2. When it comes time to replace the OL coach at Clemson due to retirement or what ever, I know where I would go looking for the replacement.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If Austin were to take over at OL

Sep 26, 2021, 9:03 AM

He is completely unproven as an OL coach. If I’m a recruit do I take that leap?

These are the things that Dabo is not understanding. Of course we want someone within the family that knows the culture to coach.

Could Austin be a great OL coach? It’s possible but it is an unknown. Go get someone that has proven experience and credibility in developing OL

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: OL Struggles

Sep 26, 2021, 9:11 AM

All good points. However, I suspect that Dabo’s plan was to promote a family member from within (shocker!) - former OL Thomas Austin who is an Off analyst. I could be wrong and truly hope that I am. He has no FT coaching experience and would never be in consideration for a top tier program coaching position. I bet he is a great person, etc. Still, zero FT coaching experience.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 2
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic