Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Oklahoma Twitter having a meltdown
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

Oklahoma Twitter having a meltdown

Nov 28, 2021, 4:56 PM

https://twitter.com/oubarstool/status/1465061402196987909?s=21

https://twitter.com/oubarstool/status/1465066627821617161?s=21

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mr. Riley And Oklahoma Twitter

Nov 28, 2021, 5:16 PM

are assuming that the PAC 12 is actually going to play football. I would not.

Re: Mr. Riley / USC bigger job than U of OK

Nov 28, 2021, 6:42 PM

Two things about USC job.

(1) LA is a huge media center. Riley will get a LOT more press being at USC in LA than he will (via ESPN and the SEC Network) by staying at Oklahoma in Norman. If he wants an accelerated path to a NFL job, then the exposure that he'll get by being in LA (vs. Norman) should be advantageous to him. Who knows what he hopes to get from the 'media advantage' ... probably some ambition beyond coaching college football.

(2) If Riley does well (and most people expect this to happen) in the PAC-12-is-easier-than-SEC, then he'll be in the CFP with regularity.

(3) LA is a great town IF IF IF you are stinking rich. (Not so much for middle class / upper middle class people any more.) Riley can take the private helicopter from his Beverly Hills home to the USC football facilities, so the un-Godly commute won't impact him or his family.

Re: Mr. Riley / USC bigger job than U of OK

Nov 28, 2021, 7:23 PM

He could have pretty much any NFL opening he wanted this year. Kliff Kingsbury got a job after getting fired. The NFL types are desperate for offensive creativity. I think this was a move to get a reset on expectations and play in a league with less competition going forward.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Oklahoma Twitter having a meltdown

Nov 28, 2021, 5:17 PM

He did all he could @ OU...

USC is a bigger job...

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 28, 2021, 5:30 PM

Oklahoma has a huge fan base!

Many Southern Cal folks would rather soak in some sun rather than go to a football game! I wouldn't say; it's a better job! The money will certainly be in the SEC when Oklahoma joins.
Biggest thing: "it's not like Oklahoma is Washington State or Hawaii type job - they have National Titles and tradition!

On the surface; I agree! But, Oklahoma is a premium job as well! More premium than Southern Cal - maybe not 25 years ago! As the ghost of Trojans past teams still echoed. But, that has been a while now! They won it last in 2000 and have been a top 10 caliber team pretty much every year since. They can recruit kids from all over there and football means something there.

The future Oklahoma coach is going to get instant credibility due to the affiliation with the SEC(pukes). How long will they give him at Southern Cal?

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Recruits will flock to his system. I really don't think it

Nov 28, 2021, 5:40 PM

takes him more than a couple years and they will be really contending for the Pac12 title.

Him vs Chip Kelly's offense will be fun to watch. They may have to buy some more bulbs for the scoreboards.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

also the pc 12 is trash

Nov 28, 2021, 7:20 PM

in the sec he would have to show how well he can coach and recruit..in the pac 12 he only has to contend with oregon

Nov 28, 2021, 5:41 PM [ in reply to Re: Oklahoma Twitter having a meltdown ]

Strange choice in my opinion. I just don’t find California appealing at all. Too crowded, too expensive, too restricted, too many busybodies, too many natural disasters, too much social angst.

Nov 28, 2021, 5:44 PM [ in reply to Re: Oklahoma Twitter having a meltdown ]

All true, but it's still Norman, Okiehoma. Maybe he just wants to try out Southern Cali.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 28, 2021, 5:54 PM

7.5 mil in Norman is Emperor status. 7.5 mil in LA is nobody status.

Nov 28, 2021, 6:38 PM [ in reply to Re: Oklahoma Twitter having a meltdown ]

You can walk outside USC's stadium and find more football talent in the neighborhood than there is in the entire state of OK.

California is an untapped gold mine of talent because no one has done anything with it since Carroll left USC.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, but there is a ton of talent that Oklahoma taps into

Nov 28, 2021, 6:42 PM

just south of the border.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

love this reply

Nov 28, 2021, 7:18 PM

https://twitter.com/CyGradCyDad/status/1465078930793189376

Re: love this reply

Nov 28, 2021, 7:26 PM

In Norman OU is the only game in town as far as NIL but what is the limit in LA? Could be his thinking especially competing in the SEC.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic