GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNETs™ to grant this post a special award and grant the author bonus TNETs™!

Love Love Love!
monetization_on 1000
Quality Content
monetization_on 1000
Big Fish
monetization_on 1000
Hmm
monetization_on 1000
Flammable
monetization_on 1000
Caring
monetization_on 1000
Nom Nom Nom
monetization_on 1000
Ooo, Shiny!
monetization_on 1000
Hear ye, hear ye
monetization_on 1000
Cheers
monetization_on 1000
Bravo
monetization_on 500
Grats
monetization_on 1000
Take My Coins
monetization_on 1000
Great Idea!
monetization_on 1000
Nope
monetization_on 1000

YOUR BALANCE
monetization_on
OK, now things are really getting serious for the survival
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic
Replies: 23  

OK, now things are really getting serious for the survival

[4]
Jun 30, 2022, 2:56 PM

of the ACC as a viable Power Five Conference. With the BIG adding USC / UCLA, that brings their membership to sixteen. When Oklahoma and Texas hit the SEC, that also puts them at sixteen. That effectively leaves no more seats at the table in those two conferences.

With the SEC the acknowledged leader in $$$ about to be passed, however temporarily, by the imminent new TV deal that is coming down the pike for the BIG, the ACC, as well as the Big 12 and the remnants of the Pac 12, are going to be seriously sucking hind ### dollar wise. And, we have already seen by the ascendance of the SEC, just what a huge disparity all those extra $$$ can produce on the field.

Unfortunately, once again, the ACC is left out in the cold. Dollarwise, and expansion wise. And, this time, there are no more worthwhile dominoes to fall.

The only other real loser in this deal is Notre Dame. They were never going to join the ACC in football, and with one of their national rivals joining the BIG, and bringing THEIR state rival with them, Notre Dame doesn't have a seat at the table in the BIG, which is where they always made the most sense.

UNLESS.....
Is there any possibility that the BIG, or the SEC for that matter, would actually cull a team to make room for the Fighting Irish? I know a school in the middle of South Carolina that would sh!t a proverbial brick if the BIG set that precedent. Because, if it came down to it, I would be willing to bet that the SEC would drop the Coots like a hot horseshoe if they could swap us for them. Just from a football perspective, if that sort of thing started to happen, I can see the SEC dropping Vanderbilt, Missouri, and South Carolina, and cherry picking Clemson, Florida State, and Miami in their place.

But, that is a truly outlandish scenario, and, unfortunately for us, with the BIG and the SEC now "full" at sixteen, we are stuck as the lone big fish in an ever shrinking pond called the ACC. Dangitalltohell.

2022 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link

The Legacy of John Swofford.***

[4]
Jun 30, 2022, 3:14 PM

2022 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link

Re: The Legacy of John Swofford.***

Jun 30, 2022, 3:19 PM

If that were to happen, Clemson would seldom win the conference because there would be too many viable teams sitting at the table. The other teams would also seldom win the conference in my opinion.

2022 orange level member flag link

Re: The Lunacy of John Swofford.***

[2]
Jun 30, 2022, 10:40 PM

There tiger_swimmer®. Auto corrected for you.

2022 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link

Re: OK, now things are really getting serious for the survival

Jun 30, 2022, 3:54 PM

USC & UCLA are a joke at football rn. Idc what moves USC made in the off-season, Riley hasn’t won a single game yet. I think this deal is idiotic & could blow up on the universities.

flag link

[4]
Jun 30, 2022, 8:34 PM

Buddy, this is not about how good your football program is...This is about $!

Unfortunately, The ACC is left out in the cold now.

2022 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link

Respectfully disagree that SEC is through expanding ...

[1]
Jun 30, 2022, 8:47 PM

Topic came up with SEC asst commissioner at Savannah QB Club this season ... and asst commish said something to the effect of "there are no firm plans to expand the SEC further after TX and OK at this time; however, I don't see the SEC expansion being locked down at sixteen teams in the long term. The market and the situation will drive conference expansion."

2022 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link

[1]
Jun 30, 2022, 10:34 PM

USC and UCLA will be irrevelant in the Big 10. Nebraska was a powerhouse school in the Big 8 and when they left for the Big 10 nothing. Killed their recruiting. Same will happen to these schools.

flag link

I think some of yall are seriously underrating the combo

[1]
Jun 30, 2022, 11:00 PM

of USC + Riley + NIL. They are going to be very good in the near future. When USC gets it rolling they compete for national titles, and I would surprised if Riley doesn't have them rolling as soon as 2023.

2022 white level member flag link

Surprising those two schools would pimp out the LA

Jun 30, 2022, 11:09 PM

NIL market so fast to the stodgy Rust Belt squad. Instead of riding that west coast white horse into the new frontier they are saddling up for the network bucks and getting bucked in the process.

I can see OK and TX getting power hungry and inbred with their neighbors, but this LA bomb in the Midwest is a bit baffling.

I guess the sanctity of the Rose Bowl and its NYD time slot and meaning can take a number and a seat now.

2022 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link

Nebraska's glory years were already behind them before they

Jul 1, 2022, 6:46 AM

left the Big 12. They got tired of being the third wheel behind Texas and Oklahoma. I seem to remember a controversy over a "Longhorn TV Network". Yet another example of ESPN sticking their nose in where it didn't belong. If they could take that one back, I'll bet they would.

I'll just copy/paste what I posted in similar thread... I fear

[1]
Jun 30, 2022, 7:00 PM

that Dear Old Clemson might get left out in the cold, so to speak. UofSC is in a position to block our entry into the SEC. And geographically, we really don't fit in anywhere else. I don't see a realistic path into one of the Super Conferences, if that is where this is all heading. I hope I'm wrong.

I blame our past ACC Commissioners and our own Administration for being asleep at the wheel. You could see this coming a mile away, from a football perspective. The NC basketball powers were happy with the ACC status quo, and we just tailed along, like we were blissfully unaware of the changing landscape...

The difference in conference $$$ and NIL will eventually take it's toll on CU. We are fighting an uphill battle, and I'm not sure how long Dabo and our "unique culture" can compete at an elite level.

2022 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link

"They talk most who have the least to say." - Matthew Prior 1664-1721

Greg Sankey, for whatever reason, has the power to get his

Jul 1, 2022, 6:53 AM

ducks in a row in the SEC. When news first broke that Oklahoma and Texas were seeking admission to the SEC, Texas A&M threw up a huge cry against it, saying "We want to be the only SEC school in Texas, that is our identity, that is why we left the Big 12."

11 of 14 schools had to vote yes to let Texas and Oklahoma in. What was the actual vote? 14-0 Yes, Unanimous, including Texas A&M. If Sankey can control Texas A&M to vote yes for Texas, getting the Coots to vote yes for us, or everyone OTHER than the Coots to vote Yes, would not be much of a problem. And, if they DIDN'T toe that line when he recommended they vote yes, I predict some behind the scenes severe consequences of that action.

Funny you really think The coots have that much

Jul 1, 2022, 8:47 AM

power in this new environment. They might should be worried that they could be booted to make room for more high profile teams. Biy that would be funny if they were booted for us!!

military_donation.jpg flag link

Jun 30, 2022, 11:27 PM

They would drop Mizzou.

flag link

It was a good run but time to bounce

Jun 30, 2022, 11:54 PM

We’d get an extra 10mil or so in the B1G or SEC

2022 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link

Ten?? More like 50, from what we're hearing!***

Jul 1, 2022, 5:11 AM

Who says a conference can't have more the 16? I can easily

Jul 1, 2022, 5:10 AM

see the greedy basturds Skanky and the SEC trying to go to 20! Those jerks are determined to kill the goose that laid the golden egg!

Re: Who says a conference can't have more the 16? I can easily

Jul 1, 2022, 9:23 AM

Thats a great message to boost your chances of an SEC invite.

flag link

Jul 1, 2022, 7:00 AM

Notre Dame as a full member or West Virginia and Cincy to the ACC.

"I love this place, I've got a spot already picked out where I want 'em to put me when I die - up there on that ole hill near the stadium. I want to be there so I can hear all them people cheering my Tigers on Saturdays; then I won't have to go Heaven; I'll already be there."- Frank Howard

Jul 1, 2022, 9:14 AM

Cinci is already headed to the Big 12. That was a big miss by the ACC. We should have had them join us. ND is jerking the ACC around, I don't think they will ever join the ACC completely. Would like to know what the penalty for them is if they join a different conference? The ACC needs to go after Baylor, Texas Tech, and Louisiana Tech. The renegotiate the TV contract

flag link

None of those teams do anything to improve ACC

Jul 1, 2022, 9:26 AM

position. No thanks!

Replies: 23  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Louisiana Tech
FOR SALE: Lower Level....Home Side...Section H (close to gate 13).....one step down from the portal (row RR).....

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic
2258 people have read this post