»
Topic: Offensive line
Replies: 5   Last Post: Oct 27, 2021, 3:28 PM by: Tiger68®
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your CatCoins™ to grant this post a special award and grant the author bonus CatCoins™!

YOUR BALANCE
monetization_on
[ Tiger Boards - Clemson Football ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 5  

Offensive line

[1]
Oct 27, 2021, 2:15 PM

Ryan lithicum, Marcus Tate, John Williams, Mitchell Mayes, Bryn Tucker - Have any of these guys played? Are they hurt? Did I miss them transferring?? I know they may be young but if they are good, use them..

flag link

Re: Offensive line

Oct 27, 2021, 2:34 PM

Linthicum was a 5* in HS with Bresee I think, at least a 4* - haven't heard his name all year. What's up?

2021 orange level member flag link

[3]
Oct 27, 2021, 2:34 PM

M.Tate ... now a starter at LG.
M.Mayes ... getting a few snaps at RT.
J.Williams ... if I remember correctly, he has had injury problems.
B.Tucker ... no idea of what has happened (or what hasn't happend) with him.
R.Linthicum ... taking RS year (presumably he is not physically ready yet to play on the O-Line)

Best regards.

flag link

[3]
Oct 27, 2021, 2:53 PM

Tate is more of a RG than LG. Does not seem to be quick enough to play the traditional quick side. Consensus on Linthicum is that he has the smarts and ability, but is missing the strength to compete at D1 level.

Long and short, the talent has been recruited, yet underdeveloped. Injuries have hurt, but we should have had the depth to withstand those.

Question remains unanswered, How is it that Iowa signs 3* OL and yet by the time they are seniors they're first round draft picks? We sign 4*'s and by the time they are seniors they should be playing at an NAIA school....You'd think they'd develop going against our DL in practice. Or there is no 1v1 or 1v2 competition, so our 1 OL is competing against scouts all the time...Broken system.

OL play drives me insane. Being a former collegiate starter and father of a 3 year collegiate starter, OL play is all I watch. Everyone is quick to blame TE and DJ, but with the OL issues, can you blame them 100%, Nope.

flag link

is it offensive scheme, talent, coaching,

[1]
Oct 27, 2021, 3:21 PM

all of the above? when compared to Iowa

2021 white level member flag link

[1]
Oct 27, 2021, 3:26 PM

Not an expert by any stretch, but always heard that OL is the hardest position to evaluate when recruiting. If a high school lineman is big and strong with marginal talent, he can simply overpower most other players which does not always carry over to college where the DL is just as fast, big and strong, or more so, than he is.

In college you need to be big, strong, fast and have talent.

Message was edited by: Tiger68®

2021 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link

Replies: 5  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: South Carolina
FOR SALE: Selling 2 upper decks shoot me a call 8648386797

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Tiger Boards - Clemson Football ]
Start New Topic
933 people have read this post