»
Topic: Offense has to have their best game this weekend
Replies: 5   Last Post: Oct 18, 2021, 11:35 AM by: Flying Tiger
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your CatCoins™ to grant this post a special award and grant the author bonus CatCoins™!

YOUR BALANCE
monetization_on
[ Tiger Boards - Clemson Football ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 5  

Offense has to have their best game this weekend

[1]
Oct 18, 2021, 11:06 AM

I know everyone is talking about how great Pittsburgh's offense is but 3 of their first six opponents were UMASS, Western MI nd New Hampshire. Also Tennessee and GT are not that great either. (yes i know we sucked against tech) Having said that i think we need at least 3 TDs if not 4 TDs to win on Saturday.

I think we need more out of the TEs Not how that got dropped from the gameplans but galloway was a big target last year and is a great secondary when the primary is covered.

I think we need to use our speed more... What happend to jet sweeps or pop passes?
Frank ladsen runs 4.44 Forty. Need to get him the ball more and have him make plays.

Also how about some wild cats? I cant remember seeing one yet this season or bring in Taisun to run. He runs a 4.86 forty

Also, we need to give up on Dj playing from the pocket. our O line is not good, he has legs and needs to roll out and by time. Deshaun and Trevor we masters of that. Why they arent doing that with Dj makes no sense

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. We need to get these Offensive guys excited and in a rhythm. Same ole same ole aint gonna cut it

IF we can get past Pitt, we can limp into the wake game for a chance at the ACC champ trip

flag link

If we can just eliminate the stupid mistakes and drops...

Oct 18, 2021, 11:17 AM

the offense would be significantly better.

2021 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

We are currently 114th in scoring at 20.5 points per game.

Oct 18, 2021, 11:21 AM

Even if we increased our scoring average by a touchdown per game(34% more than currently), we're still not in the top 75 scoring offenses in the country.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link

Re: Offense has to have their best game this weekend

Oct 18, 2021, 11:22 AM

Tigers leading receiver against the Cuse was the TE (8 catches).

Hopefully the coaches will learn that managing the clock is vital in many games. I know you tire of hearing me mention this so often but it is easy to do AND extremely important. The less time your opponent has the ball the more likely they will not score. If syracuse was a little better we would have lost Saturday ,
. Pitt will not waste scoring chances.

Using two TEs is also an option. DJ is not going to complete a lot of long td passes. Not this year!

flag link

He had two in the bank on Friday...

Oct 18, 2021, 11:28 AM

one was dropped and he didn't see the other receiver wide open down the sideline because some O-lineman completely whiffed on his block.

2021 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

If anything is abundantly clear by now…

Oct 18, 2021, 11:35 AM

it’s that DJ ain’t gonna complete a lot of long passes EVER. You might as well quit waiting for him to flip the TL16 switch. He ain’t that guy. And a QB who can’t read the RPO, isn’t mobile and isn’t a real deep-ball threat is pretty much worthless in this offense. The fact that he’s still starting tells us that we have no alternative. We’re stuck with the square peg in a round hole this season.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link

Replies: 5  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: ACC Championship
FOR SALE: 3 tickets on 30 yd line. Atlantic/Wake Forest Section 516, Row 7. Great view of field. $55/ticket. N...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Tiger Boards - Clemson Football ]
Start New Topic
518 people have read this post