Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Now that Cincinnati is an elite football program...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 51

Now that Cincinnati is an elite football program...

Jun 30, 2022, 9:55 AM

I'm a little surprised that their class, while currently #10, has -0- 5 stars, -1- 3 star and -16- 3 stars. Can someone explain to me how an elite team can struggle to pick up 4-5 star recruits? Seems odd to me.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: Now that Cincinnati is an elite football program...

Jun 30, 2022, 9:59 AM

Cincinnati is one of those programs that while having a great coach & a lot of success recently, 5 stars simply don’t want to go play ball there. Oklahoma States head coach Mike Gundy said that in a press conference once that they faced the same issue. Utah is another example, there are just some programs that 5 stars don’t want to go to.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 30, 2022, 2:08 PM

Then again there are only so many five stars around today - even with all the recruiting sites being run from basements across the southeast.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 30, 2022, 10:00 AM

Don't know. What I do know, if they were in the SEC, those 3 stars would be 4 stars.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 30, 2022, 10:02 AM

So what is it, 16 or 17 3 star players;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You show two different "3 star" amounts....

Jun 30, 2022, 10:37 AM

and don't bother changing it -- I already took a screen shot.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Lol, he’s one pathetic loser I tell ya!***

Jun 30, 2022, 11:39 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This does surprise me, considering it was not that long ago

Jun 30, 2022, 10:41 AM

that they beat the brakes off of Kirby and Jawja (almost).

You would think 2-3 more 4-stars on their roster would've ensured a comfortable win in that game, as well as today.

Jun 30, 2022, 10:51 AM

Cinti is, itself, a great town. From the river, past Over The Rhine, to Burnet Woods, there has been much redevelopment and beautification taking place over the past 25 years. The University sits on the top of a hill and is surrounded by retail/residential that includes a large number of very fine restaurants. The University has state-of-the-art colleges of architecture, law, medicine, and music. The metropolitan area contains about 90 high schools - not including the area across the river in Northern Kentucky around Covington and Newport.

Having said that, the University, while beautiful, is land-locked and the football complex is nothing like the expansive area available at Clemson. Nippert Stadium has been much improved and enlarged, but cannot rival the appearance of stadiums at the major and elite programs. Basketball at UC has always been strong as it only takes a handful of local HS stars combined with a few recruited from elsewhere to be competitive. But, given that many HS students would rather leave home than stay home for college, duplicating that for the numbers required for football is a challenge. Plus, UC is surrounded by OSU, UK, Indiana, Louisville, WVU, etc., who also recruit in the fairly rich Ohio football community.

Let's see what UC can do this year w/o Ridder. Might be a very different product.

Same reason why schools like Boise and UCF never did

Jun 30, 2022, 11:02 AM

These are just trash mid-majors that had a meaningless flash-in-the-pan season or two, not real football programs.

Re: Same reason why schools like Boise and UCF never did

Jun 30, 2022, 11:09 AM

That’s a little harsh .
Makes you sound like a Dawg.

Not being harsh, just stating facts

Jun 30, 2022, 11:27 AM

Every time one of these nobody programs has a decent little run, whether it be an upset in a meaningless bowl (boise vs ou), or dominating their miserable conference (UCF & Cinci) people shout we should add them to our conference because they are such wonderful football programs. Well, they arnt. And when they play better competition they will be even less so. Same reason coots cant compete in the SEC. You have to have the horses. Recruiting cannot be overstated.

Easy. “AN” Ohio State needs $13M for recruiting, SOOO…

Jun 30, 2022, 12:25 PM

The Bucknuts are hoarding all the Skyline Chili NIL $$$.

Greedy nuts.

~JKB

Re: Easy. “AN” Ohio State needs $13M for recruiting, SOOO…

Jun 30, 2022, 1:33 PM

The Bucknuts are hoarding all the Skyline Chili NIL $$$.

Greedy nuts.

~JKB

Skyline chili sux. Also, whoever heard of putting chili on pasketti like they do in Cincy.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 30, 2022, 12:36 PM

Im surprised too……I thought the Bucknuts were the only football team in O31O.

By showing negative numbers of starred recruits, does

Jun 30, 2022, 12:39 PM

that mean that Cincinnati lost those recruits? That means we should try to pick them up, particularly RBs.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Are you talking about the 3 star…

Jun 30, 2022, 12:45 PM

or the 3 stars?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

I think he's talking about the

Jun 30, 2022, 1:10 PM

-1 -3 stars and -16 -3 stars. How does someone get negative stars?

And what would the Sneetches think about this?

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

There are (or were) poasters who had a negative Tiger Pulse.

Jun 30, 2022, 1:17 PM

You must be unlikeable or a coot/dawg (or both) to get those kind of numbers.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

The 5-stars, since 0 can be neither - or +.

Jun 30, 2022, 1:14 PM [ in reply to Are you talking about the 3 star… ]

HTH in advance

Re: By showing negative numbers of starred recruits, does

Jun 30, 2022, 1:55 PM [ in reply to By showing negative numbers of starred recruits, does ]

might also look into picking up some basketball players while were are at it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Replies: 20
| visibility 51
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic