Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
No matter how Dabo and Tony spin it….
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

No matter how Dabo and Tony spin it….

Sep 21, 2021, 3:28 PM

Our defense has played exceptionally well but the Offense has stunk it up to this point in the season…..and our stats prove it…..but I believe these guys can and will get this train back on the track….score some frigging points guys and Go Tigers!!!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's one thing what they say in public and another thing....

Sep 21, 2021, 3:33 PM

what they say behind closed doors to the team. You can bet that Dabo and the coaches aren't sugar coating what needs to be done.

This is a good summary of whats happening

Sep 21, 2021, 3:53 PM

Every juan can go home now

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Here's a little post by Larry Williams that sums it up

Sep 22, 2021, 10:38 AM

perfectly.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1440406902442053632

Bockhorst and Putnam both whiff.

On the positive side, Davis Allen looked really good on that play. Why isn't he the starter?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Sep 22, 2021, 11:37 AM

Clearly not a clue as to who their assignments are....SMH

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 22, 2021, 12:11 PM

Ehhh, I don't see it. Six guys to their five. Yeah, Parks should have taken the outside linebacker... but can't tell if one dropped back into coverage. Both look to be assigned to keep from out from the middle. They were supposed to let the guys swinging around take the DE. It was a designed run for J and it looks like it worked for five but DJ got a bit further as I remember wanting a horse collar on that one.

If you can't see it, it's clearly a you issue...Or do you

Sep 22, 2021, 3:15 PM

think that's how we drew it up?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If you can't see it, it's clearly a you issue...Or do you

Sep 22, 2021, 3:51 PM

Ok, then lets go through it... what am I not seeing?

Who missed their assignment? Who missed their block? I mentioned Parks not finding the LB - that is what I see but Allen took care of that. Again zoomed in and not looking for a wider field, the LB could have dropped back. Bockhurst- ehh, could have given a bit more time but it was fine. Tate might have been the weakest block but again he is moving fairly well from the left, kept the DE to the inside when dj was outside. Again, it was a designed run for DJ to the outside, the OL sealed off the DL/DE and linebackers from the right edge. Tell me where the oline failed?

So you think that's how we drew it up?***

Sep 22, 2021, 6:39 PM

Sep 22, 2021, 2:34 PM [ in reply to Re: Here's a little post by Larry Williams that sums it up ]

MAYBE LARRY SHOULD PICK OUT A PLAY WHERE WE DO NOT GAIN 7 YARDS. SMFH.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No matter how Dabo and Tony spin it….

Sep 22, 2021, 11:53 AM

Let's not go overboard. Our defense could not get off the field in the 4th qtr against Tech. Our offense scored on it's only possessions in the 4th qtr and gave us an eleven point lead. For the remaining 8 minutes, GT ran 27 plays versus 1 for our offense.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 22, 2021, 2:41 PM

Yes yes let’s not give the defense a pass on that last 8 minutes if we get the ball back rather than allowing them to drive the field game would have been over with no onside kick and no safety and no additional field goal Remember on one play booth got turned all the way around by Carter of GT knowing they looking for Carter

Wait wait wait, so it's the DEFENSE'S fault we couldn't

Sep 22, 2021, 3:11 PM [ in reply to Re: No matter how Dabo and Tony spin it…. ]

score more than 7 points in the 1st 3 quarters? You have lost your ####### mind guy...The ONLY reason we have a season left is because of our defense...If they played as poorly as our offense has for the last 11 quarters(I'll give you that offensive juggernaut we unleashed in the 4th quarter with that epic 66 yard drive against a bottom 20 defense that ate up almost 6 minutes) we wouldn't be ranked at all

Re: Wait wait wait, so it's the DEFENSE'S fault we couldn't

Sep 22, 2021, 5:43 PM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 22, 2021, 12:03 PM

Until the OL is fixed, we will have issues. This has been a problem for a while but seems to be getting worse.

I do not believe that 10 other teams in the ACC had better blocking last year, because they all had better recruits. We have a serious issue in teaching/developing OL.

Last year and the year before, ETN was getting destroyed as he was getting the ball handed to him. Trevor was running for his life on most plays. We relied on super humans to cover. It was maddening watching Burrow stand in the pocket for what seemed like an eternity, and Trevor have to throw or run in .5 seconds.

Everyone in the world knows what the problem is.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 22, 2021, 12:10 PM

The entire offense needs to be fixed. Dabo needs to go out and hire coaches with a proven track record of success, rather than guys who have Clemson degrees.

Sep 22, 2021, 2:45 PM [ in reply to Re: No matter how Dabo and Tony spin it…. ]

I have been calling for new O Line coach for last few years Love Robbie but he is not getting in done in recruiting and development We hardly ever have those big SEC O lineman. Think Dabo has waited a little too late on that change He is usually ahead in his thinking but his loyalty has blinded him on this one

I don't think the offensive line can be blamed for

Sep 22, 2021, 4:37 PM [ in reply to Re: No matter how Dabo and Tony spin it…. ]

the entirety of our problems.

Even when the line has done their part, or something close to it, we've still had a quarterback and wide receivers who haven't been playing great either.

To further complicate matters, from this fan's viewpoint the coaches haven't really tried to do anything to minimize our offensive line's struggles. What about more QB rollouts? What about some quick hitters over the middle of the field? What about some misdirection or delayed handoffs? What about a jet sweep? What about using a fast tempo?

You know, stuff we used to do and seemingly don't do anymore.

Failing is super frustrating, but continuing to fail because we seem inflexible and rigid is even worse. And that is why words like complacent have entered the lexicon lately.

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Sep 22, 2021, 4:09 PM

I just hope Dabo has enough sense if by half time DJ has not produced or looks the same . Not to ride that horse to defeat . Got to try something different eventually and hope it doesn’t take a big fat L.

No worries, even if we lose Saturday we will have posters

Sep 22, 2021, 4:38 PM

here telling us that everything is fine, it's all part of the plan, and to trust our coaches because they know what they are doing.

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic