Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
NIL long term effects on recruiting
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1,345

NIL long term effects on recruiting

Oct 20, 2021, 7:34 AM

Do you thing the NIL will effect recruitment to the point that the deeper Pocketed schools and fan base alumni will shift the talent and success to those schools? Larger TV markets etc. means doom for the ACC?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Adapt and overcome or die. Thankfully Clemson started the

Oct 20, 2021, 7:56 AM

“NIL” era with a brand that is widely known

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's not recruiting anymore. It's now more like bidding.***

Oct 20, 2021, 7:58 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: NIL long term effects on recruiting

Oct 20, 2021, 8:06 AM

Might be trouble for the other ACC teams but I don’t think so for Clemson, the only other team with a bigger brand over the past decade would be Bama.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've thought about this as well and wondered if, over time,

Oct 20, 2021, 8:15 AM

there may be a shift towards toward the larger population centers where the advertiser/population ratio would be greater.

Will Rutgers be in a more advantageous position 7 years from now than Notre Dame.

And will corporations end up adopting college teams? The Oregon Nike Ducks, The Arkansas Wal-Mart Razorbacks, The Akron Goodyear Zips, The Clemson Michelin Tigers?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Re: I've thought about this as well and wondered if, over time,

Oct 20, 2021, 8:25 AM

NIL will have a dramatic impact on recruiting,. The rich will get richer, and quicker.
Having said that, I do like the sound of The Michelin Clemson Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: NIL long term effects on recruiting

Oct 20, 2021, 11:20 AM

It depends on if a large percentage of the NIL signees keep falling on their faces as we have seen around the country this season.

There will be a few boosters who produce money regardless of the players' performances, but most of the money will eventually level off on the front end if players are having seasons and careers that are not going to draw enough recognition to make money for the companies in return.

If it is a true endorsement and not just a sneaky way to pay recruits, we will see a trend of players who are already established college players getting the major contracts which would likely be less affected by community size since there are enough national brands to spread between the elite football schools.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 1,345
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic