Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Neff interview on TCI…seems he is
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

Neff interview on TCI…seems he is

Feb 4, 2023, 10:21 PM

setting the stage for more of Brownell.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Class of ‘71. Went through “rat season” and glad I did.

Please Deer Lowered no

Feb 4, 2023, 10:22 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He is in way over his head.***

Feb 4, 2023, 10:24 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Neff interview on TCI…seems he is

Feb 4, 2023, 10:29 PM

Shirley you jest

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 4, 2023, 10:31 PM

Another Tommy Bowden extension.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 4, 2023, 11:18 PM

Yeah, if you haven't read it, you should. even if we don't get into the ncaa , Brad's still in if you read the article tea leaves. Neff making excuses about the rating system. Well, every team goes by them.

I've been bullish on this team all year. I too could see it coming together because of our veterans leaders and the schedule. Yes, I did think the acc would be weak.

So we have a great year. If pj leaves, with Tyson and Galloway gone, what production do you have? Not much. So is a good season every 4 years acceptable?

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 4, 2023, 11:20 PM

No.

Class of ‘71. Went through “rat season” and glad I did.

Feb 4, 2023, 11:25 PM [ in reply to Re: Neff interview on TCI…seems he is ]

JP aint going anywhere.

The fact anyone is surprised by this is baffling.

Feb 4, 2023, 11:25 PM

CU athletics doesn’t care about Basketball. That’s been proven for how many years now? Brownell runs a clean program and doesn’t embarrass the university. That’s obviously good enough for everyone at Clemson.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 4, 2023, 11:26 PM

lthom022® said:

setting the stage for more of Brownell.

I think you are reading too much into the TCI article. Neff was speaking before today's game. He was simply stating how proud he was with where we found ourselves at this point with over half the season played. The Tigers have been impressive (before our rash of injuries to our 3 starting guards). Even with the injuries, and even with today's tough loss to Miami, we still sit atop the ACC standings!

I totally agree with all his statements at this point. Having said that, we still face a challenging schedule. We still have to play several strong ACC teams that are challenging us for the ACC lead--most of them we haven't yet played this season. Additionally, we will be playing all these teams on the road. Furthermore, our 3 starters who are returning from difficult injuries don't look like they've fully recovered from their recent injuries. Additionally, we need to avoid any more nagging injuries for the rest of our schedule!

I totally agree with all of Neff's statements. He was encouraged with how well the Tigers have played this year. So am I. Even with all our injuries and even with our recent losses, we still sit atop the ACC. Like AD Neff, I never would have dreamed we would be sitting where we are at this point in the season.

However, we haven't accomplished anything yet. We have played well, and we sit atop the ACC. But we still have to play the rest of our schedule. After we have, we may still be atop the ACC. Even if we are not, we could very well be one of the top 4 ACC teams before the ACC Tournament begins. We could very well have a chance to be in the NCAA tournament. What Neff thinks at the end of the season still remains a mystery because we don't know how well the Tigers will play facing all the challenges of the remaining schedule.

If the Tigers stumble through the rest of their schedule, Neff may be less encouraged than he indicated in the TCI article. On the other hand, Neff may be impressed with how the Tigers dealt with all their challenges. In any case, let's see what the coaching staff does and how the Tiger players respond through the rest of their season. Then we'll see what Neff decides. Some of us may be disappointed no matter how the Tigers perform, and some of us may be disappointed no matter what Neff decides.

No matter what, GO TIGERS!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 4, 2023, 11:32 PM

In football, Dabo or the AD's office furnished a 'hold-back coach for Brent Venables. G. Neff needs to get Brad Brownell a 'time out' coach.
Brent's was to restrict the likelihood of sideline penalties. The one for Brad would be to minimize the time expenditures for opposition funs and Clemson scoring droughts. You do not want either of those to continue for long stretches. It killed us in Boston on 1/31 and again tonight at home.
FIX IT PLEASE, GRAHAM NEFF.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic