GIVE AN AWARD
Use your CatCoins™ to grant this post a special award and grant the author bonus CatCoins™!

YOUR BALANCE
monetization_on
ND makes it official - Freeman.
Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic
Replies: 12  

ND makes it official - Freeman.

[3]
Dec 2, 2021, 1:34 AM

Named HC, permanent, tonight.

Now we know why Swarbrick said if he named an interim that person would not be considered for the permanent position, and why he didin't name Freeman the interim .

military_donation.jpg flag link

Re: ND makes it official - Freeman.

Dec 2, 2021, 4:39 AM

Guess I'm just getting old, but I haven't heard of any of these guys. Haven't heard of this dude or the one that VT got.

flag link

[1]
Dec 2, 2021, 6:43 AM

Nothing to do with your age. And also this is why the general public does not make these decisions.

If you followed ND or Cincinnati or PSU football you would have heard of them.

2022 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link

Hmmm…

Dec 2, 2021, 6:02 AM

Couldn’t have been much of a national search.

Seems odd for a big job like Notre Dame.

2022 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link

Re: Hmmm…

[2]
Dec 2, 2021, 6:23 AM

Freeman is a and better than any retread out there. He came in and completely changed their recruiting from say 1, they have a top 3 class this year. Recruiting is the lifeblood of every college football program. They also had a historical ND defense in year 1 of him with none of his recruits…. He’s impressive, and the best national candidate out there, just happened to be on staff.

flag link

We’ll see.

Dec 2, 2021, 6:43 AM

Is that a cut and paste from back when Charlie Strong was the next great head coach?

2022 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link

Re: We’ll see.

[1]
Dec 2, 2021, 6:55 AM

Nope that doesn’t appear to be a cut and paste. I live near ND and go to several games a year. Doesn’t make me an expert but in general he had already started to be looked upon as a coach in waiting. Just thought they’d have a few more years to season him.

2022 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link

Re: Hmmm…

Dec 2, 2021, 7:39 AM

44 nailed it. It's all about the Jimmy and Joes. Oklahoma doesn't have CBV as their #1 guy because of his defensive scheme. They want him because of his proven recruiting prowess.

Exactly why I'm so concerned about CBV leaving here.

2022 orange level member flag link

Dec 2, 2021, 6:28 AM

I’ve seen a lot of speculation this was the choice but still haven’t seen anything official. Do you have a link?

flag link

Dec 2, 2021, 6:39 AM

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/32766262/notre-dame-marcus-freeman-leading-candidate-next-head-coach

flag link

[1]
Dec 2, 2021, 6:41 AM

Yep. That’s what I’m seeing. Lots of indication he may be the guy but nothing official yet.

flag link

Dec 2, 2021, 6:39 AM

Looks like they are going with the “Dabo strategy” pick a young energetic assistant and pray you struck gold. I would have thought Fickel would have been the pick but the timing was a challenge.

flag link

[1]
Dec 2, 2021, 7:27 AM

Always makes sense to me for a successful program to promote from within.

flag link

Replies: 12  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Season Tickets
FOR SALE: 40-yard line. Section P, Row E, Seats 14, 16, 18, 20, 22, 24, and 26. Also Row F, Seats 22 and 24. W...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

Tiger Boards - Clemson Football
add New Topic
2791 people have read this post