»
Topic: NC State has been using the transfer portal. I guess Clemson
Replies: 18   Last Post: Sep 22, 2021, 8:58 AM by: ISpeakTheTruth
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your CatCoins™ to grant this post a special award and grant the author bonus CatCoins™!

Love Love Love!
monetization_on 1000
Quality Content
monetization_on 1000
Big Fish
monetization_on 1000
Hmm
monetization_on 1000
Flammable
monetization_on 1000
Caring
monetization_on 1000
Nom Nom Nom
monetization_on 1000
Ooo, Shiny!
monetization_on 1000
Hear ye, hear ye
monetization_on 1000
Cheers
monetization_on 1000
Bravo
monetization_on 500
Grats
monetization_on 1000
Take My Coins
monetization_on 1000
Great Idea!
monetization_on 1000
Nope
monetization_on 1000

YOUR BALANCE
monetization_on
[ Tiger Boards - Clemson Football ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 18  

NC State has been using the transfer portal. I guess Clemson

Sep 21, 2021, 9:33 PM

is the only school that won't go there.

https://theclemsoninsider.com/2021/09/21/rece-davis-on-clemsons-offense-i-dont-know-that-it-gets-fixed/

flag link

We should do what NC State does?***

emoji_events [6]
Sep 21, 2021, 9:34 PM

2021 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Shoot each other in the parking lot?***

[4]
Sep 21, 2021, 9:37 PM

flag link

We don’t use the transfer portal.

[1]
Sep 21, 2021, 9:38 PM

That’s what Dabo said. So that means we aren’t going to use it or consider using it at this time.

Who are we to question them? They have won two national championships after all.

2021 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link

Cobbox on Brad Brownell: “His only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: We don’t use the transfer portal.

Sep 21, 2021, 9:42 PM

We’ve also been beat by teams that have transferred in players.

It’s time we adept and change. Coach Swinney should start pursuing and accepting them

flag link

Guess who has lost to a team that doesn’t accept transfers…

emoji_events [6]
Sep 21, 2021, 9:50 PM

1) Alabama
2) ND
3) Oklahoma
4) Ohio State

They should stop taking transfers.

2021 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

[1]
Sep 21, 2021, 9:54 PM

****Maybe we should just recruit better and develop better****

flag link

When we lose players early to NFL or transfer portal

[2]
Sep 21, 2021, 11:08 PM

we have holes.

[1]
Sep 22, 2021, 8:49 AM

We’ve also been beat by teams that have transferred in players.

It’s time we adept and change. Coach Swinney should start pursuing and accepting them

Agree. Instead of having Pearman hit the road he moved him to a staff position to do just that. Think about that, Clemson is paying a coach to do what with the transfer portal? Help Dixon fill out his paperwork?

flag link

Potentially lost 1, maybe 2 because teams that did

Sep 21, 2021, 11:06 PM

use it beat us as a result

Joe Borrowed certainly made a difference for LSU.***

[1]
Sep 21, 2021, 11:15 PM

2021 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link

That hasn’t ended well.***

[3]
Sep 22, 2021, 8:34 AM

[2]
Sep 21, 2021, 11:14 PM

Someone seems a tad bitter at how empty the basketball trophy case is.

2021 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link

You just don't understand doing more, with less

[1]
Sep 22, 2021, 8:57 AM

Dabo certainly doesnt starting out as an interim, then the lowest paid coach in the ACC who paid assistants out of his own pocket

flag link

Not working out that great

[4]
Sep 21, 2021, 9:40 PM

for your chickens I’m afraid.

2021 white level member flag link

Re: NC State has been using the transfer portal. I guess Clemson

[1]
Sep 21, 2021, 10:33 PM

C'mon man. Dabo already told you. And Danny Pearman is CRUSHING it with "managing the portal". Answer me this: has Danny stuck the team with one of those "cancers" from the portal, like Joe Burrow or Justin Fields? NO, he has NOT! The guy is a freakin' portal genius! (Seriously, he pulls in $300k a year for doing absolutely nothing! That truly IS genius)LOL.

flag link

[3]
Sep 21, 2021, 10:51 PM

Being brutally honest and taking the ocg off. Yes. We should be using the portal. Not because other teams do, but in 2021, it's called an insurance policy.

If 2020 taught us anything, it should have taught us anything is possible. You don't do it because your players suck, you do it to insure that you don't get into a situation of having to play an olineman out of position and have to start a HS senior on a D1 line.

True, as many others have said, we can NOT use the portal by taking full class each year. Same goes with slot receiver. We banked on Spec with no real backup plan. Is what it is.

2021 white level member flag link

[2]
Sep 22, 2021, 8:57 AM

The transfer portal isn’t all misfits and culture cancers. FSU has a starting Olineman from ND who ESPN did a feature on. A high character young man. Clemson itself has had high character players leave for a new opportunity. Pearman needs to do his job finding the right players that fit the program’s culture while also retaining Dabo’s preferred development of the players he recruited.

flag link

Sep 22, 2021, 8:58 AM

Just who in the portal would solve any of our Offensive problems? We have at least 16 offensive linemen on scholarship. Wide receivers? We are overstocked on 4 and 5 star talent and more on the way. QB? DJ is a 5 star who has already shown(last season) he is more than capable. RB? Have you watched Shipley and Pace, they are the real deal.

I see our biggest problem being blocking, does that mean we lack talent, possibly, but our scheme is the biggest problem and lack of developement. That is where the focus should be, either we aren't developing our talent or our coaching there is suspect, either way it may be time for a scheme change or a different person coaching it. Our O-line seems to be the biggest discussion every year, that shouldn't be the norm.

flag link

Replies: 18  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Florida State
FOR SALE: West End Zone: 4 seats located together in section X, row P. $280.00 for all 4.These are my Iptay t...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Tiger Boards - Clemson Football ]
Start New Topic
1714 people have read this post