Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
My take on the whole "Elliott is brilliant" BS is that Dabo
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1,715

My take on the whole "Elliott is brilliant" BS is that Dabo

Sep 27, 2021, 9:47 AM

wants to protect the "family" brand that he has worked so hard to establish. No way he's going to clean house mid-season. I also think it means Dabo is dabbling in the offense. Not good.

The sad reality is, we may not win more than 5 games this year and will probably lose some blue chip recruits. And yes, we may actually lose to the dirtpeckers because by November (not because they're any good) I expect our defense to be completely worn out because of the crappy product we roll out on offense. We will lose more guys to the transfer portal (on offense) and I'm already hearing some names that should have fans very, very concerned.

The "upside" is, Dabo will have no choice but to make some hard choices (firings and "retirements") but that will come in the offseason to avoid the embarrassment of having to fire "family". There is no way Tony Elliott will land at a P5 school as a HC---the book is out on him. Best Elliott can hope for now is an FCS gig and even then......who would have him?

Hubris has hurt the program.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Re: My take on the whole "Elliott is brilliant" BS is that Dabo

Sep 27, 2021, 10:05 AM

It definitely looks like Dabo is much more involved in the offense from the sideline this year.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is a symptom of a problem that started when Scott left.

Sep 27, 2021, 10:30 AM

I cannot pinpoint what is going on here, however the end result is the offense looks like it is running a base offense and is surprised when it cannot generate any yardage or points. For some time now (since Scott left in 2019) the offense has looked bland and had questionable play calling. It was glossed over by the talent in Lawrence and Etienne, as well as some poor performances by the Defense. I cannot decide whether it is Dabo dabbling in the play calling and Elliot not having Scott to override some of his decisions, or if Elliot is just that bad.

I don't think we lose many defensive recruits, but we could lose a good number of Offensive recruits if say Alabama or another team with great offense comes calling. The guys that are transferring are going to transfer, there is nothing you can do about that.

I do agree any changes that will be made will be made this off season, but I do not agree any changes will be made other than shifting of current personnel. You have to look at Dabo's history hear. People have called for Caldwell and Pearman's heads on platters for years. Both are still with the program and it took 5 years for Dabo to move Pearman to a non-coaching roll.

There will be no real changes until Caldwell retires, and Elliot moves on, neither will be fired. They may be pushed to leave, but they will not be fired.

Re: This is a symptom of a problem that started when Scott left.

Sep 27, 2021, 10:37 AM

Agreed. It seems as though they sometimes are driving their own Kool-aid. They’ve had a great run to get where the program is, but seem to have forgotten the hard work, extraordinary talent, and innovation that it required. You can’t just roll out of bed and say that everything is fine like they have been

Sep 27, 2021, 10:44 AM

Because You are paying Elliott $2M a year there are few head coaching jobs that will pay that, so he has no incentive to make a change.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What other names are you hearing that may transfer?***

Sep 27, 2021, 11:03 AM

Sep 27, 2021, 11:10 AM

Bill Gates is brilliant too.

Replies: 6
| visibility 1,715
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic