Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
My perspective.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

My perspective.

Dec 6, 2021, 9:05 AM

Selfishly, I was hoping he wouldn't go. I was hoping Oklahoma was out elephant hunting and would bag their elephant.

But, I am extremely happy for Brent. How many assistant coaches get an opportunity for their first HC job to be at a school like Oklahoma.

As Lou Holtz told Urban Meyer when he interviewed for Bowling Green, (Urban had told Lou he was offered the job but turned it down because it was a bad job) "Of course it's a bad job. If it was a good job they wouldn't hire you. Your job is to take a bad job and turn it into a good job."

Oklahoma is not a bad job. It is a great opportunity. I would have been shocked if Brent had turned them down.

Now, I'm gonna say something for which I will surely, and understandably be blasted. When Mark Richt went to UGA, UGA became my favorite SEC team.

Oklahoma is now my favorite Big 12 team and when they join the SEC they will be my favorite SEC team.

I hope Brent has the same success as Dabo at Clemson. I'll be pulling for them (unless they are playing Clemson or FSU).

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^ Hear-Hear bretfsu!

Dec 6, 2021, 9:19 AM

Yep, BV will be a welcomed visitor anytime & a revered name in Clemson Defensive history 4Ever, imho.

The man’s genius & the play of his D Teams helped Clemson to be in 6 straight CFP games, winning 4 and then winning 2 of those 4 Natty tries.

OH, Clemson could have easily been 7-5 or even a Coot-like 6-6 if his guys hadn’t worked their buttts off at couple goal line stops!!

Thx Coach Venables!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My perspective.

Dec 6, 2021, 9:28 AM

I agree with you Bret - all except the UGA part. They won’t ever be my favorite SEC team.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 6, 2021, 10:46 AM

Since Richt left, they are no longer mine. The only game I root for them to win is against Florida. The rest I'm basically hoping they get upset by whomever they are playing.

Dec 6, 2021, 10:48 AM

So they were never really your second favorite team. You were a Mark Richt fan.

Dec 6, 2021, 10:52 AM

Everyone but UGA was a Mark Richt fan.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 6, 2021, 11:15 AM [ in reply to Re: My perspective. ]

Yep. Exactly.

I grew up in Georgia. Way back in the 60's when Bobby Dodd was coach at GT. I had two uncles who graduated from GT. My dad always rooted for GT over UGA. Had no ties to UGA. When I was in college (I went to Valdosta State) I had several friends who were at UGA. I'd go up to 1 game a year. I saw UGA play Archie Manning. I saw UGA play Pat Sullivan when UGA and Auburn were both undefeated. Never rooted for UGA in any of those games.

You opinion echoes that of most Clemson fans too

Dec 6, 2021, 11:08 AM

and it actually warms my heart to see that other fan bases hold him with the same high regard that we do.

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic