Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Mickey Plyler's Blog: Big Game?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

Mickey Plyler's Blog: Big Game?

Aug 27, 2012, 10:25 AM

Big Game?

Big Game?
I am a fan, a huge fan. That means I get fanatical about my teams.

Most of the time I try to talk myself down to a level of responsibility though. It usually doesn't work but often times I try to talk myself into keeping sports in the proper prospective.

This is a good tim

Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Mickey Plyler's Blog: Big Game?

Aug 27, 2012, 10:40 AM

I could not agree more - especially with the comments on the SEC. As a Clemson alum living in Florida, I am surrounded by Florida Gators who think football outside of the SEC is a joke. Our win over the defending national champs last year silenced them - at least for part of the season. Then we played South Carolina.....

And don't even get me started about the Orange Bowl.

Point for the newbie...***

Aug 27, 2012, 2:44 PM

Spot on.

Aug 27, 2012, 10:46 AM

I think the Auburn game has told the tale of the last two seasons, and will again this year. This is once again a young team, and winning in the dome would give us a lot of confidence, which I think we really need in order to have a good season.

Every game: Big Game.

Aug 27, 2012, 10:51 AM

I'm spoiled. Anything but an 8-0 start will be disappointing. After that any loss will be disappointing.

It would be great to win the rubber match against Auburn

Aug 27, 2012, 11:00 AM

It wouldn't shut up the SEC homers, but it would at least make them sound a little less credible to everyone around them.

The biggest game is the next one being played,

Aug 27, 2012, 12:07 PM

whoever the opponent happens to be!

All Great Points!!!

Aug 27, 2012, 2:24 PM

This is a game that will certainly set the tone for the rest of the season. I just hope that if they smell blood, they go for the kill and demolish Auburn. If Clemson can score 100, then they need to score 100!!!

Agreed, we hold nothing back. We go all in for the W.

Aug 27, 2012, 2:45 PM

Let's gett'em boys!!!!!!!

Re: Mickey Plyler's Blog: Big Game?

Aug 27, 2012, 3:05 PM

I expect Clemson to win this game with all the things that we are dealing with right now. Clemson has experience in this offense while we are coming in with a new one. Both teams are dealing with changes on the defensive side of the ball, and both teams are replacing offensive lineman, but Auburn has three freshman starting and a new center with the underage drinker staying at home for at least this game.

Auburn will come in trying to do what N.C. State did last season....control the clock, the ball, and keep the Clemson offense from getting into a rythm. The Auburn defense will come in trying to keep the big play from happening more often than not (Clemson will have a big play or two in this game) and try to force turnovers through an aggressive attack. It may work, but I'm not sure it will overcome the other obstacles that we will face throughout the entirety of the game.

Neither team can boast overwhelming odds, but Clemson has the edge and a better chance at a bigger margin of victory because they know what they want to do on offense and have shown the ability to get it done when the wheels are in motion. No one knows for sure if Auburn will be able to do what it wants to do because it's all new and totally different. I know from being here and around this team that Auburn will be ready to play, but we've seen teams ready to play get blown out or beaten many times.

Both teams will be much better come November, but to me Clemson has much more to lose than Auburn. Auburn has won the SEC twice in the last 8 years and a National Title two years removed. Auburn has also been in the spotlight, so to speak, more than Clemson has in the last 10 years. This is a "make it's move" year for the Tigers of the Upstate of S.C. Clemson made a step forward by winning the ACC for the first time in 20 plus years, but the Orange Bowl and a third loss in a row to South Carolina put a damper on what could have been a banner year.

I rarely pull against Clemson.......well, only a few times in the last 20 years (2 Peach/Chicken Bowls and of course our head to head matchups, and a couple of baseball games here and there). I really wanted Clemson to make a step forward after beating us last season, and they did, but not to where you, nor I would like to have seen. I think a powerful Clemson program is good for the southeast and good for the State of S.C.

My head says:

Clemson 31
Auburn 24

My heart says:

Auburn 27
Clemson 23

War Eagle! Go Tigers! Safe travels.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic