Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Mickey Plyler's Blog: A Different Off-Season
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

Mickey Plyler's Blog: A Different Off-Season

Feb 21, 2013, 9:45 AM

A Different Off-Season

A Different Off-Season
I spent part of last week traveling the state speaking to Clemson Clubs about the 2013 recruiting class and other topics concerning the program. Over a span of six days I visited with a few hundred Tigers from clubs in Greenville, Charleston, Columbia and Charlotte.

Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Mickey Plyler's Blog: A Different Off-Season

Feb 21, 2013, 9:58 AM

Yes the win changed everything for the attitude of this program but you have to use that confidence and start off next year with a win or it is all for not. Don't let the big win fool you into believing UGA will be a push over. We have a chance to have a terrific year but it could also quickly fall apart if you don't start strong.

null

Feb 21, 2013, 10:04 AM

this is a must win game if we want to step up and be taken seriously among top programs. s

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 21, 2013, 10:31 AM

UGa game is a want to win... FSU is a must win to win the division and the ACC and get to a BCS bowl and possibly NC.... Lose to UGA and win out and we will be in the hunt for NC, Lose to FSU and we can hope for a BCS game but likely will play in chikFilA again.
USC is a must win because I cannot stand losing to them again!
UGa is the most important game cause it is the next one... but not a must win. We can lose and have a great season. If we win UGA and win out till USC and lose it .... it will not be a great season...

Feb 21, 2013, 10:42 AM

I totally disagree as my post indicated.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

100% correct

Feb 21, 2013, 11:19 AM [ in reply to Re: Mickey Plyler's Blog: A Different Off-Season ]

as long as we play a good game against UGA and not a repeat of the OB fiasco, I totally agree. FSU will likely lose a couple games this year given their situation and their under-performing HC. #1, #2, #3 priority is beat the Dirt Peckers. If we lose to UGA, run the table, we will be in a BCS game most likely. Beat UGA, run the table and lose to USuC, we are less likely to go to a BCS game, as well as basically substantiate we are the second best program in the state, which is unfathomable to me. We want them all but UGA has less significance for many reasons.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgtbn_110.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Avoiding another 30-0 whoopin' IS a must. ***

Feb 21, 2013, 1:00 PM [ in reply to Re: Mickey Plyler's Blog: A Different Off-Season ]

nm

Am I the only one...

Feb 21, 2013, 12:39 PM

who thinks that the Spring game is the most important? I keep seeing people posting that the UGA game is most important because it is the next game but what y'all are doing is overlooking the Spring Game!!! Did anyone other than me watch Hopkins tear up last year's Spring Game and then go on to re-write the history books at Clemson!?!? So by logic of "The next game is most important" by the power vested in me and my trusty computer and keyboard I hereby appoint the Spring Game the most important game and predictor of who will step up big for us in 2013! After that game we can start talking about Dawgs, Seminoles, Yellow Jackets (yes this game is big too) and Gamecocks!

I agree with you, Mickey.

Feb 21, 2013, 3:08 PM

The mindset of the fans has changed a lot over the last two years, but it did not all happen when Catman made the kick. Two years, ago, fans would not have thought he would make the kick, but I think most people felt we were going to win long before the ball split the uprights.

Sports teams throughout history are only as good as

Feb 21, 2013, 3:15 PM

their last game. Winning them all is the goal, but if you have to pick one to lose, make it the first one.

Always win the last one and many of your season's sins are absolved.

There is no substitute for winnning that last game ... especially if the last game is against a team that everyone expects your to lose to.

Losing to SCAR was unacceptable. If that had been the last game, we'd be having a miserable off-season.

But we beat LSU and won that last game (our 11th of the year BTW) and it left everyone happy.

:)

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sports teams throughout history are only as good as

Feb 24, 2013, 10:20 PM

I really don't think it's wishful thinking on my part. It's more that I'm believing more in what Dabo is building at Clemson. So I'm believing we don't lose not one schedual game next season. The true freshmen that will be good enough to help out early with what we have coming back. Added our offense that is in and clicking. We will be a stronger team than we have seen in a very long time at Clemson.`Also we will have better depth than we have had in a while. Goooo Tigerssss

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic