Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Miami's Larrañaga, Clemson's Brownell asked about DRad reports
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

Miami's Larrañaga, Clemson's Brownell asked about DRad reports

Dec 4, 2021, 2:41 PM

Miami men's basketball coach Jim Larrañaga was asked about the potential of Clemson's Dan Radakovich being hired there soon as AD and apparently he and Clemson's Brad Brownell covered the subject:

https://twitter.com/MichaelYero/status/1467211509289734146

https://twitter.com/smillerdegnan/status/1467213474224877570

Message was edited by: BrandonRink®

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Miami's Larrañaga asking about possible new AD

Dec 4, 2021, 2:43 PM

He knows he would have two more years at least under DRad. He hasn't been to the NCAAT in like four seasons.

Of course brownell said he was awesome. He’s the only one crazy

Dec 4, 2021, 2:45 PM

enough to keep giving brownell contract extensions.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nailed it!***

Dec 4, 2021, 2:54 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Dec 4, 2021, 2:43 PM

If drad goes there then jimmy doesn't need to worry about his job.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Class of ‘71. Went through “rat season” and glad I did.

Dec 4, 2021, 2:48 PM

https://twitter.com/kaufsports/status/1467217437519138818

https://twitter.com/kaufsports/status/1467217439020793863

Re: Miami's Larrañaga asked about possible new AD

Dec 4, 2021, 3:12 PM

Brownell said he was not informed of Radakovich leaving to that point. He said he was a little surprised when he heard the potential move first reported Friday.

"Dan's the kind of guy who has been highly successful and he's going to have opportunities," Brownell said. "I didn't much get into it beyond that and I won't get into it much further. Whatever he decides, I'll be happy for him. He's been really good to us and however he wants to finish his career, he's earned the right to do that."

Here's more of what he had to say:

"Whatever he and Marcie (Radakovich's wife) decide, I'll be 100% supportive. They've been great to me and my family at Clemson. He's an outstanding leader. He's done a lot at Clemson. He's really helped with facilities. I think he's done a lot of internal things within the department that have streamlined a lot of things that have really make us run efficiently. He hires good people. He's just a first-class, top notch AD. Obviously that's why he's been so many places and had so much success. Certainly would hate to lose him if he decides to leave, but if that's what he decides to do, I'd be extremely happy for he and Marcie. They're great people. They've been extremely productive in their time at Clemson...I think he's great. He does a good job of -- he doesn't micro-manage his coaches. He lets you do your job. He asks how he can help, but he's not in your office every week telling you who to recruit and who to schedule and what to do. He lets his coaches coach and tries to serve in a way of mentoring and helping make sure you have the things to be successful. And I think he's got a great big-picture of what universities and athletic departments need because he's been doing so long."

Message was edited by: BrandonRink®

Maybe Brownell should stay in Miami and welcome DRad with open arms***

Dec 4, 2021, 3:22 PM

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic