Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Miami's buying basketball players via NIL and free agency,
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Miami's buying basketball players via NIL and free agency,

Mar 25, 2023, 11:12 AM

otherwise known as the transfer portal, having major impact. Here's your collegiate sports in 2023. Just as it should be right?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

don't like, don't like it, don't like it. Pretty much takes

Mar 25, 2023, 11:20 AM

recruiting out of the picture. Sad state in college sports!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If It Produces Constant Consistent Winning And Championships...... ---

Mar 25, 2023, 11:22 AM

.....it will be almost impossible to slow it down or stop it from 2023 and beyond.

You are going to have apex predators out there but there is only going to be a couple of alpa apex predators.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If It Produces Constant Consistent Winning And Championships...... ---

Mar 25, 2023, 12:21 PM

Resume sitting out a year to transfer and it would curtail things greatly.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, you can see the schools that have plenty of practice over the last 40 years paying players

Mar 25, 2023, 11:29 AM

Their time to shine!

Something, something...Georgia Bulldogs...something...

Mar 25, 2023, 11:44 AM

They are certainly getting some good ROI in football right now.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Miami's buying basketball players via NIL and free agency,

Mar 25, 2023, 11:48 AM

Mar 25, 2023, 11:48 AM

And football. They have that smarmy billionaire alum buying players for them.

Don’t like it, but it is legal, or unenforceably illegal.

Mar 25, 2023, 11:50 AM

Unless/until there are guide rails put in place, NIL is the new sheriff in town. We best adapt.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GoTiguhs!!

Mar 25, 2023, 1:23 PM

Do you wonder how many of our players have an NIL deal, especially the transfers?

I do.

I'm not for paying players and it's become too blatant, but it's legal and will make it even harder to compete.

Before NIL there were all sorts of legal to the NCAA if not ethical ways for schools to take care of players in sports like basketball where you only needed 1 or 2 recruits per season.

Duke and UNC both did it. Most likely every other school that care about basketball did as well.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Zion***

Mar 25, 2023, 5:02 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 25, 2023, 5:02 PM [ in reply to Re: Miami's buying basketball players via NIL and free agency, ]

We have NIL money that is available. Dabo doesn't condone the buying of players but he can't stop it either. Anyone can offer players and recruits money for whatever they want. But Dabo does use the access to NIL money to retain players that are worthy and being enticed away from the program. Mafah was given a NIL deal last year when he considered going to the portal. That was a huge save but I hate college sports have gone to this wild west of free money.

As we all know, the NCAA screwed the pooch on this and college sports will never be the same.

I have hated professional basketball for years and never

Mar 25, 2023, 4:17 PM

watch it. I now see no reason to watch college basketball. I suppose that means giving up all of D1 sports for that matter. Going to be a hard habit to break after being a large % of my past time for over 50 years.

Mar 25, 2023, 4:35 PM

It's the new normal. Adapt or start intramural sports. Don't like it, but "ain't" whining about the teams that are adapting. Fans are accepting it because the name of the game to most fans and TV is "win".

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2013_nascar_champ.gif2014_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's bad and even worse that their money-man brags about it.

Mar 25, 2023, 4:51 PM

John Ruiz, billionaire attorney that made money from medicare and working with fraudulent claims. So he guaranteed every basketball player a $50k NIL deal for every year they play and he offers more to theore valuable. He also does the same thing for offensive lineman with $50k per year. Ruiz was also the one that offered that QB $7+mil and Florida outbid Miami and then reneged on their offer. I know he gives others money but not sure if he is involved with women's sports but Miami women still playing in the NCAAT.

true, but they also have one of the smartest coaches in all

Mar 25, 2023, 5:05 PM

of basketball

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic