Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Miami gets a QB commitment via a $9.5 Million NIL deal...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

Miami gets a QB commitment via a $9.5 Million NIL deal...

Jun 26, 2022, 11:05 PM

This NIL stuff continues to be mind blowing.
4-star quarterback Jaden Rashada announced his commitment to Miami on Sunday for a reported $9.5 million and supposedly turned down an $11 million offer to be a Florida Gator.

For the sake of college football, I hope this information is false, but here is the Link to article here:

https://www.on3.com/nil/news/jaden-rashada-turned-down-millions-will-still-have-highest-known-nil-deal-for-recruits/

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i woulda believed 1 mill, but 9??

Jun 26, 2022, 11:51 PM

theres no way the rest of the 2023 Miami recruits wouldnt be worth 50mill+ then. and pretty sure that article alone is going to draw some much needed negative-pub to Miami's recruiting tactics.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: i woulda believed 1 mill, but 9??

Jun 29, 2022, 6:54 PM

So WHEN are the other players asking for money? He better give money to everybody on the team, or his ### will be grass.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mr. Ruiz's personal twitter

Jun 27, 2022, 1:19 AM

John H. Ruiz, Attorney at Law
@JohnHRuiz
·
2h
The report by http://on3.com
is inaccurate as it relates to Jaden Rashada.I have never spoken to Mr. Caspino about Jaden Rashada. Mr. Caspino and I spoke about an unrelated player months ago and had a very professional and pleasant conversation. I respect him.

I have no idea if this supposed NIL deal is true but I can

Jun 27, 2022, 5:30 AM

see that within a few years after multiple instances of these high paid recruits failing to live up to the hype at the college level that this NIL insanity will calm down a bit.

To pay ANY high school recruit (that includes the Manning kid too) $millions before they have stepped onto the big boy college football field is simply stupid. People that shell out $millions expect quick results and as they start to see that most true college freshman won't perform to these overly hyped expectations (if they even see the field at all) I gotta feeling this kind of stupid spending will slow down.

This kind of insane NIL money would be better spent on keeping proven quality players already on a teams roster.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I have no idea if this supposed NIL deal is true but I can

Jun 27, 2022, 6:40 AM

Not true, read above. Supposed funder denies all contact with player and player agent in regards to player. Fake news!

Good way to launder dirty money if you have some extra...***

Jun 29, 2022, 6:21 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Voidable NIL deals ?

Jun 27, 2022, 8:40 AM [ in reply to I have no idea if this supposed NIL deal is true but I can ]

Does anyone suspect that there are 'voidable' clauses in NIL contract?

Heck, most business contracts have clauses which, in the event of 'non-performance' by one party, the other party gets to void the contract.

Very commonly, the 'other party' which wished to void the contract ends up paying a small sum to the 'non-performing' party to avoid going to court.

Do any of you suspect (or better yet, know) of NIL contracts which can be voided in the event of 'non-performance' of the player?

If (really, this is a 'when') the sponsor of a NIL deal sees that the paid athlete isn't performing to the degree needed to ah, er, em ... represent the sponsor adequately, then there are going to be athletes that 'get fired' from their NIL deal.

Then the NIL will hit the fan.

Depends on how rich the donors are***

Jun 27, 2022, 8:49 AM [ in reply to I have no idea if this supposed NIL deal is true but I can ]

Re: Miami gets a QB commitment via a $9.5 Million NIL deal...

Jun 27, 2022, 6:06 AM

Dumb business decision by Miami if true—-Miami has nothing to sell

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 27, 2022, 6:27 AM

Remember D Rad is there.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is just insane....

Jun 27, 2022, 8:23 AM

but exactly the kind of garbage you would expect when the powers that be allowed NIL to be completely uncontrolled and unregulated.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Jun 27, 2022, 9:46 AM

He'd better share some of this with his team mates or their blocking my become hit and run ....i know if it was me and i didn't get a slice of the pie i might miss a block or two .....just saying

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Article says Tennessee QB recruit named Iamaleava

Jun 27, 2022, 2:55 PM

Appropriate name for the portal era? How soon will he be aleavin"?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 29, 2022, 7:21 AM

Either way Miami fans are very weak period, I had a business in South Florida, they don’t all love Miami and support them in all areas.

If they are a top team they might fill the stadium that isn’t theirs once or twice with a population in south Florida that’s more than North & South Carolina combined. The second they lose a game they all fade away.

Miami has a lot of rich people who will throw some money for quick results but if it’s not quick they will stop funding them. They don’t have an Iptay period and never will.

The pressure of making money for performance for a 17-19 year old kid will be their downfall at the U when it isn’t as easy as buying a championship.

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic