Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Men’s soccer elite 8
Tiger Boards - Clemson Soccer
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

Men’s soccer elite 8

Nov 29, 2021, 1:52 PM

https://www.ncaa.com/brackets/soccer-men/d1/2021

1 Oregon State vs 8 Clemson
4 Notre Dame vs 5 Pitt
2 Washington vs 10 Saint Louis
3 Georgetown vs 11 West Virginia

Going out west is a big trip for our guys and Oregon state is #1 however they are new blood. They don’t have much soccer history and aren’t used to this stage. I like our chances of going out there and getting a W

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Anyone know of TV coverage?***

Nov 29, 2021, 1:56 PM

Live stream on NCAA.org ...

Nov 29, 2021, 2:06 PM

The final four in Cary, NC will be televised by either ESPNU or ESPN2

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Men’s soccer elite 8

Nov 29, 2021, 2:06 PM

3 ACC schools in Elite 8. Go Tigers, win another NC.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 29, 2021, 2:08 PM

to me it is 2 ACC and ND till they fully join.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They deliberately put several ACC school in the same bracket

Nov 29, 2021, 2:13 PM [ in reply to Re: Men’s soccer elite 8 ]

Notre Dame, Wake and Pitt were all in the same bracket, Duke and Louisville were in the same bracket, and North Carolina and Clemson were in the same bracket. Virginia Tech was the only ACC team in its bracket.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: They deliberately put several ACC school in the same bracket

Nov 29, 2021, 2:59 PM

When 8 teams take up, what 48 slots... and 6 advance to the sweet 16.

Really, Wake played forward as ND and Pitt were seeded and wake was a play-in team. Only UofL and UNC wiffed and yeah, the UNCheats always earned that beating. The only thing better than the Ped State thrashing.

That being said, the VT bracket both WV teams, Georgetown, and UNCC so a lot of regional teams even if they were not ACC teams (also Campbell). You could almost fill a bracket or two from the Carolinas/Virginias

college soccer in general is very regional

Dec 3, 2021, 12:38 PM

it is east coast and west coast with pockets in midwest. Almost no presence in the deep south, southwest and plains states.

Re: college soccer in general is very regional

Dec 3, 2021, 1:04 PM

Kinda - I agree that DI schools from the deep south/west/plains are not focused there. I should say the B12 and SEC are not (mens). Clemson was the first "Southern" school to win it, otherwise, it was Cali, Saint Louis, and the MW/NE. They were just the locations that invested in it first and that helps a lot. Then the ACC started in.... and dominated. Partially because we could poach across the eastern north/south for talent as well as internationally, etc.

Texas -DFW and Georgia ATL (states, not coldwages) are very much hotspots overall. Eventually someone is going to crack and have a lot of local talent but the landscape is fairly diverse (you have to pair the internationally with the best locals). SMU almost cracked that level. On the DII and DIII - you have Trinity, Emory, (formally UNCG), and a few others. Even Davidson was a power once. Trinity and Emory's investment would give a lot of DI programs a bit of shame for the level of investment. Then you have programs like Messiah (PA). Thank goodness they struck out this year.

Nov 29, 2021, 2:07 PM

How does #1 not play #11 ? And then 2 play 10 and then

Nov 29, 2021, 2:24 PM

3 play 8, 4 vs 5 ? ? ? ?

WVa is closer to OSU than we are . . . we would play Gtown - closer trip . . .

Makes no sense for a non-revenue generating sport AND goes against conventional seeding protocol.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

the brackets are predetermined.............

Nov 29, 2021, 2:35 PM

it's just like the baseball and basketball tourneys. A #1 seed in the sweet 16 always plays 8 or 9. In the elite 8 a #1 seed will play a 4 or 5. That is the case if the favorites win.

Nov 29, 2021, 3:22 PM

Great win and accomplishment by our Tigers

GO TIGERS

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I made comment in my preview...

Nov 29, 2021, 3:26 PM

That I like our draw better than the #7 seed Duke's draw. Duke escaped a match versus UCLA and then got eliminated by #10 Saint Louis while we looked like the better team against #9 Kentucky.

We get Oregon State next which is the worst #1 seed I can remember (not that they are bad... just a ton of parody in college soccer this year). There is no clear difference between Oregon State and #2 Washington - who is the team Duke would have had to play if they got by Saint Louis.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yes I would agree***

Nov 29, 2021, 9:52 PM

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Tiger Boards - Clemson Soccer
add New Topic