Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Many of you should feel pretty dumb now…
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

Many of you should feel pretty dumb now…

Sep 26, 2022, 9:49 AM

Watching some of these big pimpin’ NIL programs go down the toilet.

You know who you are.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Many of you should feel pretty dumb now…

Sep 26, 2022, 9:53 AM

Right as rain. Kids will not sit on the bench if they have NFL talent so the NIL only goes so far.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

More proof that stars don't matter...

Sep 26, 2022, 9:54 AM

*cough* Texas A&M *cough* Miami

Re: More proof that stars don't matter...

Sep 26, 2022, 10:01 AM

A&M yes. Miami - not sure why they got hyped so much. Cristobal is a good coach, but it is his first year so I’ll reserve judgment on him for a bit.

To me, this Cristobal at the U is like Frost at Nebraska - native son with sterling resume returns home to try to reignite a floundering once-great program. Feels like the last best chance.

Sep 26, 2022, 10:00 AM

Wait, are we expecting NIL go completely revamp teams that were/are a dumpster fire in less than a year? Wow.

If you think schools that have the most on NIL aren't at an extreme advantage, I don't know what to tell you.

It's kinda like someone arguing that recruiting rankings don't matter.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes. If it was going to help, I would expect it to be immediate.

Sep 26, 2022, 10:45 AM

Here’s why:

Those kinds of kids are all going to be free agents year to year anyway. If they run to the highest bidder once, they’ll do it again.
So their impact would have to be a one-year deal.

Those programs will not be developmental at all.

Sep 26, 2022, 10:50 AM [ in reply to Re: Many of you should feel pretty dumb now… ]

I agree completely with you. It may not equal a "They will ALWAYS win" advantage, but it IS an advantage. I don't see how anyone could possible think otherwise. Heck, even if the below poster is correct and none of these kids stay at the same school for over a year, it's still a year of more talent. If they do transfer again, where do they think they're going to transfer to? A school that pays out less? No lol. They will just move their talent to an even higher paying NIL school.

Sep 26, 2022, 10:59 AM

It's not an advantage for them if you don't rely on that part of the system. That is what the nitwits who bash Dabo don't understand. It is not a binary choice. Opting to focus on development actually creates opportunity whilst everyone else clammers over the portal. But no one wants to even look at that because all they see is the shiny former 5 stars running to other schools. Chasing the portal is going to be a zero-sum on the field with massive financial and operational investments required. And now that it is blowing up in the face of its biggest users, its proponents shift to pretending that what is inherently a short-term solution is actually developmental. They'd rather jump these logic hurdles rather than have a moment of reflection that they were possibly wrong.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Then you don’t agree completely.

Sep 26, 2022, 10:59 AM [ in reply to Re: Many of you should feel pretty dumb now… ]

How can you agree that these players will jump from team to team every year…but also agree that it will take any of these programs more than a year to improve?
They will just have a new collection of uncommitted players each year.

No thanks.

Dabo is doing everything he can to maintain what has always made him successful… High character kids and a developmental program.
I’ll ride with that as well.

Sep 26, 2022, 10:52 AM

They never learn anything.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic