Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Man, Scottie Scheffler is having himself a career year, for
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1

Man, Scottie Scheffler is having himself a career year, for

May 28, 2022, 4:24 PM

sure! Tied for the lead in yet ANOTHER tournament. I don't think anybody since Tiger in his heyday has had an extended run of superb play like we are seeing from him. It will truly be interesting to see how long he can keep it up.

Once most of the young guys have had enough success to ensure their future financially, they seem to hit a lull where they do not play that well. Only the ones like Tiger that are truly driven to win for winning's sake, not for the money, seem to be able to sustain that elite level of play for a long period.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Man, Scottie Scheffler is having himself a career year, for

May 28, 2022, 6:18 PM

Dog, Tiger mentioned twice. Thought I was watching CBS but I agree. He has been playing very well this year. A joy to watch.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 28, 2022, 8:04 PM

Crazy the consistency with the odd footwork, but it’s fun to watch. Pulling for Zalatoris to pull through at some point.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MEG

May 29, 2022, 10:59 AM

Can't mention "career" without Nicklaus. When asked about Tiger breaking his records for majors, he said it would depend on what happened in his career as he got older. I think he was mostly referring to whether he still had the fire and dedication later in his career, but also could have been talking about injuries, etc. ..... all of which Tiger has run into. Same with Scottie. How long will he have the desire, especially when and if he starts a family.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There will always be the argument of Tiger vs Jack. I would

May 29, 2022, 1:18 PM

no doubt give the Majors nod to Nicklaus, amazing record of not only wins, but finishing 2nd WAY more times than anyone else in history.

Tiger and Jack's careers have a lot of parallels. Tiger set out so single mindedly to beat Jacks Majors record that he almost exactly duplicated the timeline, until the injuries started piling up. Even to the point of both of them winning a Masters when they were in the twilight of a career.

I don't think we will ever see golf played again on a level that Tiger did from about 1999 through 2002. He just had a game, and a mindset that the other players could not match.

It'll always be one of the great bar conversations, Nicklaus in his prime with modern equipment, vs Tiger in his prime with that same modern equipment. Who would win? I honestly don't see either one of them "running away with it" in that scenario. All I know is, it would be Olympian to watch!

:)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic