Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
MAKING THE ACC STRONGER / BETTER... JUST MY $0.02
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

MAKING THE ACC STRONGER / BETTER... JUST MY $0.02

Jul 28, 2021, 8:34 PM

If we wanted to make the ACC Stronger/Better, we need to do the following:

1. Add 2 Permanent Members = 16 Teams

2. Keep the 8 Conference Game Mandate in Place

3. Keep two Divisions

4. Schedule 4 Games with teams from the other 4 Power 5 Conferences. Make this mandatory...

5. Stop scheduling weak Division 2 Schools.

This forces all teams to get better and compete on a level that is standard with Championship football.

Expand the Playoff Bracket to 10 Teams not 12...

Round 1 is the Conference Championship, if you win your Conference Title, then you will advance to Round 2.

Round 2

The Number 1 Seed earns a Bye.

The Number 2 Seed plays against the Number 4 Seed and the Number 3 Seed plays against the Number 5 Seed.

The winners of those match ups advance to Round 3.

Round 3

The Number 2 Seed earns a Bye.

The Number 1 Seed plays against the Number 3 Seed.

The winner of that match up advances to the Championship Game.

CHAMPIONSHIP:

The Number 1 and Number 2 Seed will play against each other to determine who the best team in the nation is.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller
Lt.General United States Marine Corps

Re: MAKING THE ACC STRONGER / BETTER... JUST MY $0.02

Jul 28, 2021, 8:59 PM

So here is my penny for your thought;
Which two teams do you add?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ima go wtih Romulans and Klingons....

Jul 28, 2021, 9:08 PM

Cardasians are definitely SEC - Ferengis will end up with wherever UofSC lands

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 28, 2021, 9:32 PM [ in reply to Re: MAKING THE ACC STRONGER / BETTER... JUST MY $0.02 ]

I think we add Notre Dame obviously, and West Virginia because they aren't a bad ball club.

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller

Jul 28, 2021, 9:01 PM

Not bad but 3 games against p5 conference. Have to keep instate game with SC st, citadel, Furman etc. That money is what supports them a good bit. That doesn't hurt any team.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 28, 2021, 9:04 PM

I disagree it’s time to cut out the silly instate game. Just give them money and be done with it but replace that game with a meaningful one against a p5 hood team.

Jul 28, 2021, 9:04 PM [ in reply to Re: MAKING THE ACC STRONGER / BETTER... JUST MY $0.02 ]

I disagree it’s time to cut out the silly instate game. Just give them money and be done with it but replace that game with a meaningful one against a p5 hood team.

Just schedule Coastal every year. Problem solved***

Jul 29, 2021, 9:37 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 28, 2021, 9:22 PM

#4 is a deal breaker. The conference will ever tell a University who they can and cannot play.

Jul 28, 2021, 9:34 PM

Hence why it's called a Much Needed Change. Otherwise, if the SEC gets their way Clemson will eat dust with the rest of the Cupcake ACC.

~Chesty Puller

Bama plays Mercer and New Mexico State this year...***

Jul 28, 2021, 11:25 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think the changes coming to college football over the next

Jul 28, 2021, 9:55 PM

5-10 years will be more dramatic than many of us are thinking, and we'll look back and see how in the dark we really were, and how off the mark conversations like this were.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Jul 28, 2021, 11:33 PM

This is 1980 style thinking. Today it’s all about the $. The SEC and Big10 will be able to acquire the best talent as that dwarf ACC/PAC 12 money, this is especially true in the new age of NIL.

You also can’t force scheduling on better teams from other leagues. They want cakewalks in the OOC schedule.

You just aren’t in touch with the current reality of college football.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Quit letting the SEC make all the rules, by getting the

Jul 29, 2021, 12:07 AM

rest of the P5 conferences to stick together on the new CFP format! If they decide to go with an 8 team CFP, with a max of two teams per conference, then why would a team like Oklahoma want to jump to the SEC, and make it much harder to make the playoff most years.

Espin is colluding with the SEC to stack that conference with enough of the top teams, pay them the big bucks, and get the other P5's on the cheap, because none of them will have any leverage.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 29, 2021, 12:42 AM

Add WVU now that the Big 12 has been pouched. ND must see the writing on the wall and join full-time.

Would the ACC go for any Group of 5s, should we need 20 teams? App St, UCF, Navy, Coastal Carolina, and Temple are all respectable, with Navy being about the DC market. I'd rather go that route than pouch some Midwestern team.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 29, 2021, 7:36 AM

That is crazy talk. Why not just ask Clemson and every other school in the ACC to throw 5 million a year at these schools that add nothing to the ACC. Why not let them kick us in the nuts why we’re at it? Same effect.

If you could only make 4 P5s play you

Jul 29, 2021, 8:20 AM

Finding P5s from ever growing leagues who will play an OOC like that will become more difficult.

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic