»
Topic: MAKING THE ACC STRONGER / BETTER... JUST MY $0.02
Replies: 16   Last Post: Jul 29, 2021, 9:37 AM by: clemchem®
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your CatCoins™ to grant this post a special award and grant the author bonus PawCoins!

YOUR BALANCE
monetization_on
[ Tiger Boards - Clemson Football ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 16  

MAKING THE ACC STRONGER / BETTER... JUST MY $0.02

[1]
Jul 28, 2021, 8:34 PM

If we wanted to make the ACC Stronger/Better, we need to do the following:

1. Add 2 Permanent Members = 16 Teams

2. Keep the 8 Conference Game Mandate in Place

3. Keep two Divisions

4. Schedule 4 Games with teams from the other 4 Power 5 Conferences. Make this mandatory...

5. Stop scheduling weak Division 2 Schools.

This forces all teams to get better and compete on a level that is standard with Championship football.

Expand the Playoff Bracket to 10 Teams not 12...

Round 1 is the Conference Championship, if you win your Conference Title, then you will advance to Round 2.

Round 2

The Number 1 Seed earns a Bye.

The Number 2 Seed plays against the Number 4 Seed and the Number 3 Seed plays against the Number 5 Seed.

The winners of those match ups advance to Round 3.

Round 3

The Number 2 Seed earns a Bye.

The Number 1 Seed plays against the Number 3 Seed.

The winner of that match up advances to the Championship Game.

CHAMPIONSHIP:

The Number 1 and Number 2 Seed will play against each other to determine who the best team in the nation is.

military_donation.jpg flag link

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller
Lt.General United States Marine Corps

Re: MAKING THE ACC STRONGER / BETTER... JUST MY $0.02

Jul 28, 2021, 8:59 PM

So here is my penny for your thought;
Which two teams do you add?

flag link

Ima go wtih Romulans and Klingons....

[1]
Jul 28, 2021, 9:08 PM

Cardasians are definitely SEC - Ferengis will end up with wherever UofSC lands

2021 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link

Jul 28, 2021, 9:32 PM

I think we add Notre Dame obviously, and West Virginia because they aren't a bad ball club.

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller

Jul 28, 2021, 9:01 PM

Not bad but 3 games against p5 conference. Have to keep instate game with SC st, citadel, Furman etc. That money is what supports them a good bit. That doesn't hurt any team.

2021 white level member flag link

[1]
Jul 28, 2021, 9:04 PM

I disagree it’s time to cut out the silly instate game. Just give them money and be done with it but replace that game with a meaningful one against a p5 hood team.

flag link

Jul 28, 2021, 9:04 PM

I disagree it’s time to cut out the silly instate game. Just give them money and be done with it but replace that game with a meaningful one against a p5 hood team.

flag link

Just schedule Coastal every year. Problem solved***

Jul 29, 2021, 9:37 AM

Jul 28, 2021, 9:22 PM

#4 is a deal breaker. The conference will ever tell a University who they can and cannot play.

flag link

[1]
Jul 28, 2021, 9:34 PM

Hence why it's called a Much Needed Change. Otherwise, if the SEC gets their way Clemson will eat dust with the rest of the Cupcake ACC.

~Chesty Puller

Bama plays Mercer and New Mexico State this year...***

Jul 28, 2021, 11:25 PM

2021 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link

I think the changes coming to college football over the next

[4]
Jul 28, 2021, 9:55 PM

5-10 years will be more dramatic than many of us are thinking, and we'll look back and see how in the dark we really were, and how off the mark conversations like this were.

2021 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Jul 28, 2021, 11:33 PM

This is 1980 style thinking. Today it’s all about the $. The SEC and Big10 will be able to acquire the best talent as that dwarf ACC/PAC 12 money, this is especially true in the new age of NIL.

You also can’t force scheduling on better teams from other leagues. They want cakewalks in the OOC schedule.

You just aren’t in touch with the current reality of college football.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link

Quit letting the SEC make all the rules, by getting the

[1]
Jul 29, 2021, 12:07 AM

rest of the P5 conferences to stick together on the new CFP format! If they decide to go with an 8 team CFP, with a max of two teams per conference, then why would a team like Oklahoma want to jump to the SEC, and make it much harder to make the playoff most years.

Espin is colluding with the SEC to stack that conference with enough of the top teams, pay them the big bucks, and get the other P5's on the cheap, because none of them will have any leverage.

Jul 29, 2021, 12:42 AM

Add WVU now that the Big 12 has been pouched. ND must see the writing on the wall and join full-time.

Would the ACC go for any Group of 5s, should we need 20 teams? App St, UCF, Navy, Coastal Carolina, and Temple are all respectable, with Navy being about the DC market. I'd rather go that route than pouch some Midwestern team.

Jul 29, 2021, 7:36 AM

That is crazy talk. Why not just ask Clemson and every other school in the ACC to throw 5 million a year at these schools that add nothing to the ACC. Why not let them kick us in the nuts why we’re at it? Same effect.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link

If you could only make 4 P5s play you

Jul 29, 2021, 8:20 AM

Finding P5s from ever growing leagues who will play an OOC like that will become more difficult.

flag link

Replies: 16  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Georgia Tech
FOR SALE: 2 lower deck tickets on Clemson side, section UJ, Row M, Seats 17 and 19, one of the first sections ...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Tiger Boards - Clemson Football ]
Start New Topic
1805 people have read this post