Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Lyn-J Predictions
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

Lyn-J Predictions

Sep 17, 2021, 5:22 PM

At third on the RB depth chart any guesses of how Lyn-J's Saturday turn out?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Lyn-J Predictions

Sep 17, 2021, 5:35 PM

He's gone after game 4. Too deep on the depth chart. Too many love shack visits.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sadly may be true. LJD deserves better than this.

Sep 17, 2021, 5:37 PM

Not afraid to say it.

Re: Sadly may be true. LJD deserves better than this.

Sep 17, 2021, 5:54 PM

How do you know what he deserves? Unless you go to all the practices and team meetings and know his off the field contributions then none of us knows he deserves better. I agree his on the field stats do deserve more and if and when CJ Spiller and Tony Elliot thinks he deserves more then he will get more. We just need to trust Spiller and Elliot especially since we can all agree that these two coaches love Clemson and Clemson football more than just about anyone. If Dixon matures and acts right I predict he will get more carries and his production will show it. I don’t know LJD so I have no idea what he is going to do as far as following by all the rules that are set in front of him. Go Tigers.

Re: Sadly may be true. LJD deserves better than this.***

Sep 17, 2021, 5:59 PM

How do you know what he deserves? Are you saying the

Sep 17, 2021, 10:54 PM

coaches don't have a good of a handle on it as you do, when in fact you know nothing?

You make some great points.

Sep 17, 2021, 11:02 PM [ in reply to Re: Sadly may be true. LJD deserves better than this. ]

On the flip side, why should we trust an offensive coordinator who had generational talent at QB and RB last year yet couldn’t muster 30 points against Ohio State? And who couldn’t score even one touchdown against Georgia this year despite 5 star talent at QB and a load of talent at other offensive positions? And who seems to run the same handful of plays with no variety whatsoever and no attempt at making in-game adjustments?

And why should we trust a RB coach who is in his first year as a full time coach?

Look, our accomplishments with Elliott as our OC speak for themselves. I think he is a really smart guy who knows a lot about football. And Spiller was an outstanding athlete and player for us. Both clearly love Clemson. But neither is perfect.

So while I agree with you that we have to trust that they know what they are doing since they are the coaches and we are the fans, and since they are the ones at practice and in team meetings and we are not, you can’t blame people for wanting to doubt or at least question what’s going on.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Proverbs 16:18

You're once again trying too hard to demean football.

Sep 17, 2021, 11:33 PM

Our offensive line was dominated by OSU. Can't call many plays when there's no blocking.

The bigger reason we lost was because their offense moved the ball at will. Fields was on fire like never before, and he was unstoppable. Their OL also pushed around our DL and they ran the ball too.

And oh yeah, the offensive coordinator (who has done more for Clemson than anyone in our entire history) was not involved in playcalling. He was at home, sick with covid. You must have forgotten?

Please stop trying soooo hard to shoot holes in the most superior sports program not only today,, but in the entire history of our school.

6 of 7 playoffs
4 of 7 national championships
2 national titles
More playoff wins than anyone except Alabama
More wins in the CFP era than any team other than Alabama

By far, not even close, the most successful era of Clemson football. Ever.

You want to question the 2nd best program in the country? Well here you go:

We lost to LSU because they were better. We kept with through three quarters but couldn't keep up in the 4th. Nothing to do with playcalling.

We lost to Notre Dame because we couldn't run block and we couldn't stop them. Their OL dominated us that night. Obviously nothing to do with playcalling.

We lost to OSU because they were better. Bigger, stinger, madder. They dominated both lines of scrimmage. We couldn't run the ball, and they dropped guys in coverage. The main thing was their. We tried the entire playbook, but OSU was the superior team. And again, the playcaller you're desperately trying to "question" was at home watching the game on TV.

We lost to UGA because our OL and QB were non-functional. There are no magic plays when you don't have a functional offensive line or QB.

None of these losses had can be blamed on playcalling. No offense,, but you're reaching. Clearly. You honestly have no clue how many dozens of plays have been called, but when they haven't worked it was because of poor blocking, missing the playcaller altogether, or in one case a horrendous showing by the OL combined with a dysfunctional QB.

Winning all these games has shown time and time again an ability to outsmart and adjust to what other teams are doing. Thats why we're the second best program in America. And again, the offense has succeeded against the longest list of playoff wins (top 4 wins) out of everyone in America except Alabama.

We are where we are largely because we've had the one of the best offenses in the CFP era. Consistent and steady. Tony Elliott has been the lead playcaller the whole time. That's why he's seen as one of the best OCs in the country.

It’s sad how sensitive you seem to be about the football team.

Sep 18, 2021, 12:08 AM

I’m not demeaning our football program when I point out the reality of our recent offensive struggles in big games.

I get it, our football program is a tremendous source of pride. Dabo and his staff have done a tremendous job and have given us the most exciting era in our program’s history. And because of that, we recruit at a high level. Expectations are very high to go along with that.

So please spare us the rundown of our recent success (we are all aware of it). And please stop with the excuse making (it’s not a good look). When we don’t score points, that’s squarely on the coaches who are involved with the offense.

If we are going to praise them for our tremendous success, then we must also hold them accountable when we struggle.

As I said in my previous post, I’m going to give them the benefit of the doubt because they are the coaches. But you can’t blame fans for voicing concerns about issues that are ongoing and significant.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Proverbs 16:18

Thats just it

Sep 18, 2021, 12:54 AM

What you said is not the reality. What I said IS the reality. It's irrefutable.

I defined why we we are 2-4 in our last 6 games against top competition. Not one of those losses can be pinned on playcalling. Your statement that we only run a "handful" of plays when we lose was clearly shot down.

I didn't cite a single excuse for our losses. I accurately stated why we lost. The reasons for the losses are indisputable. None of the losses give you a valid reason to "question" the playcalling. You're just ignorantly spitballing with that, and honestly I don't think you really understand football all that well. It shows all the time.

And nothing is "sad" about me showing you to be wrong. Stop with the passive aggressiveness. Can you do it?

But since you want to break out your passive aggressiveness when challenged,, as usual, it's "sad" how you've offered silly excuses for the lack of accomplishments and accountability in our basketball program. Funny how you mentioned "excuses", when your administration, fans, support, blah, blah, blah,, rinse and repeat excuses are all you've given for the obvious lack of quality coaching in basketball. Your repeated list has been beaten down numerous times. Coach Brownell had had everything he needs and he hasn't gotten it done, and other coaches have achieved at a higher level with less. Every single year teams do more with less than we do.

Look, I'm not interested in passive aggressiveness, and I gave you the fundamental reasons why we lost those 4 games.

Again, the "reality" is we're perrenial top 10 offense. We have an indisputable playoff record and 2 national titles with this offense, and we're the 2nd best program in America. It's one of the strongest runs in NCAA history.. Again, we are in the midst of by far the best era in Clemson history... it's not just some arbitrary "exciting era" lol. And it's s due in large part to having intelligent playcalling and adjustments.

Re: You make some great points.

Sep 18, 2021, 6:36 AM [ in reply to You make some great points. ]

Hasn't that same OC been the OC for 2 National Championships? Also, Elliott did coach in the Ohio State game last year. He was out with Covid.

Re: You make some great points.

Sep 18, 2021, 6:37 AM

Did not coach in the Ohio State game.

hoping he will see the light***

Sep 17, 2021, 5:42 PM [ in reply to Re: Lyn-J Predictions ]

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^ THIS ^^***

Sep 17, 2021, 9:19 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How do you keep Gamecocks out of your yard?
• Put up goal posts
What does a Gamecock grad call a Clemson Tiger grad in 2 years?
• Boss

Sep 17, 2021, 6:04 PM [ in reply to Re: Lyn-J Predictions ]

OR all the great talent he has and the great coaching and environment we have works its magic together as the season progresses. Lyn-J's shown he has the chops. Drawing those leadership qualities out of him would help that whole side of the ball.

Go Lyn-J! Go Tigers!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I would really hate

Sep 18, 2021, 2:56 AM [ in reply to Re: Lyn-J Predictions ]

for that to happen. Lyn J has been good and he'll STILL be good wen they give him the carries.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 17, 2021, 6:05 PM

Spiller will work him into a mature dude and he’ll be a stud by end of the season.

Sep 17, 2021, 6:18 PM

Teach him how to behave now or you could end up with a situation like Deon Cain and have to discipline him for a bigger game, possibly a CFP matchup.

Such a wierd situation. I really hate it for Lyn J.

Sep 17, 2021, 7:29 PM

Having absolutely no idea what the real problem really is, I have absolutely no idea how it will turn out. I'd love to see him pull out of this and get more touches.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: Such a wierd situation. I really hate it for Lyn J.

Sep 17, 2021, 7:35 PM

I think the fact that we don’t know is demonstrative of the respect Dabo shows his players. Public comments on this were born out of necessity. He’s extending talented. Coaches couldn’t really say nothing at all given that talent has resided on the bench a lot.

I think they’ve handled it well. I absolutely want to see Lyn J respond and thrive.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Such a wierd situation. I really hate it for Lyn J.

Sep 18, 2021, 12:06 AM [ in reply to Such a wierd situation. I really hate it for Lyn J. ]

Agree. Still IMHO LJ lacks the upside of some younger backs. And Dabo and TE seem to prefer upperclassmen who are mature leaders.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lyn J.

Sep 18, 2021, 2:12 AM

I predict a break out game for Lyn-J …
We’ll see…
I believe whatever the issue is…it’s legitimate…

I also believe that Lyn-J doesn’t appear to have been a problem player in the past - so he’ll come around…

And when given the carries - he’ll shine..

Sep 17, 2021, 9:17 PM

Do y’all really think that Dabo is “picking on” Lyn J? I’ve heard rumors (I won’t repeat -and he didn’t allegedly do anything illegal or immoral) but I think you guys need to trust the coaches on this one.

Sep 17, 2021, 9:22 PM

I’m sure he did nothing wrong. Coaches routinely sit valuable players just to stir up Tigernet drama

Sep 18, 2021, 2:40 AM

Prediction: 97 yards and 1 TD. LJD will re-take the top RB job going into NCST.

Sep 18, 2021, 4:54 AM

This is the kind of thing you have to trust the coaches with. There's more than football at stake here. It is character building. I hope LJ comes around and realizes making amends will benefit him in future football wherever it is and in life.

Sep 18, 2021, 6:04 AM

1 td 40 yards

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic