Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Louisville basketball in trouble with the NCAA, Mississippi
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

Louisville basketball in trouble with the NCAA, Mississippi

Feb 5, 2016, 7:29 PM

football program have letter of investigation delivered to them. Back at the ranch, UNC had free classes and gave out unearned grades but no news.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Louisville basketball in trouble with the NCAA, Mississippi

Feb 5, 2016, 7:48 PM

They will not get in trouble. NCAA doesn't want to open the can of worms of getting themselves involved in the academic process of Universities

I don''t know the final outcome of the unc

Feb 6, 2016, 7:44 AM

scandal insofar as punishment goes....but, in the letter detailing the 5 allegations against unc for the most egregious rule breaking in the history of the NCAA, there was included the NCAA's most serious accusation---Lack of Institutional Control........although, considering the university condoned, perpetuated and tried to hide it, I don't know how lack of institutional control could even come into question

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I don''t know the final outcome of the unc

Feb 6, 2016, 8:55 AM

UNC better hope the entire institution is not put on long term academic probation. Based upon what is already known I believe the Tarholes will eventually get punished in some clear manner. The reputation of the school has already suffered greatly.

Go Tigers!

Feb 5, 2016, 7:51 PM

Louisville. Did pay strippers to have sex with recruits. Creative! But illegal.
GO TIGERS !!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 5, 2016, 8:45 PM

I have been a Tigernet member since 2003 and have posted maybe three times but felt the need after reading the ESPN article on Louisville's basketball issues to remind all of us how lucky we are to be Clemson people. Sounds like the UL basketball program is in serious trouble for actions that really are truly reprehensible. Given Rick Pitino's record of personal ethical blunders and now this, the hammer will drop. And Bobby Petrino? Louisville knows him, knows what sort of personal decisions he makes and then rehires him? There may be shortcuts to "success" that yield short term results, but long term, the only way to truly build an athletic program that can expect sustained success is to hire people who have high ethical standards (who also happen to be very good coaches of course) who surround themselves with people who have a similar belief system who can the recruit kids who fit into that system. We have done that successfully for years now and we are beginning to reap the rewards. I am proud of what we have done. I am proud of our coaches. I am proud of the reputation that our fans have for being passionate fans who treat opposing fans with class. I am proud of the types of athletes who choose to become part of the Clemson family. Let's not forget that it really isn't this way everywhere else. Thank you Jim Clements, thank you Dan Radakovich, thank you Dabo and all of the other coaches and players for representing us well on the fields, in the classrooms and in our communities. Proud to be a Tiger...

Agree 100%. Great post; you should post more often.

Feb 5, 2016, 10:35 PM

If you look at the landscape of college athletics, we are truly blessed to be part of a great university led by people who are committed to building athletic programs ethically that can sustain long-term success. We're also fortunate to be living in the golden age of Clemson football. Top 10 recruiting classes, superb graduation rates, five 10-win seasons, a 16-game home winning streak, a 17-game winning streak, two ACC championships, a season-long No. 1 ranking, going toe-to-toe with Alabama for the national championship, and recent wins over South Carolina (2), Georgia, Florida State, LSU, Auburn (2), Ohio State, Notre Dame, and Oklahoma (2). Not to mention, 80,000+ loyal fans willing to brave a hurricane to watch our Tigers take down the Fighting Irish. What a great night, and a great season, of Tiger football. And just think, if we stay on the current trajectory, it's only going to get better. So thankful I had the opportunity to attend Clemson University. So proud to be a Tiger.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 5, 2016, 10:41 PM

Don't forget what SMU got for 1 infraction that was not 1/1000th as bad as what UNC did.

FIRE SWOFFORD!!!

Feb 6, 2016, 1:34 AM

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 6, 2016, 6:35 AM

Makes my blood boil!!

Feb 6, 2016, 7:11 AM

To Hell with "The Carolina Way"