Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Lost another to the XFR portal and we aren’t taking any
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

Lost another to the XFR portal and we aren’t taking any

Oct 19, 2021, 6:58 AM

Players through it. Just don’t get it. We’ve lost around 20 players the past two years and haven’t even tried it. We just keep depending on recruiting classes and hoping they will be ready to play by the seasons start.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Lost another to the XFR portal and we aren’t taking any

Oct 19, 2021, 7:00 AM

Like the comment that was made on another post….do you really want players that quit on another team?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well the ones we have seem to be quitting on their current

Oct 19, 2021, 7:03 AM

Team so what’s the big deal?

Re: Lost another to the XFR portal and we aren’t taking any

Oct 19, 2021, 7:10 AM

Seriously? You DO know why he’s transferring, right? (let me help: He got beaten out of his position by a freshman).

So, YOU think we are going to get an EVEN BETTER player from USuC, Elon, or Arizona (just a small representative ‘sample’ for you) that couldn’t get any playing time on an ACTUAL CRAPPY TEAM - that is going to make US a champion?!?!?!

Y’know, you are a REALLY SPECIAL sort of ….. nah, I’m not going to spell it out. Maybe you can figure THIS ONE out on your own.

smdh

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Ok Chair Force.***

Oct 19, 2021, 7:19 AM

Re: Ok Chair Force.***

Oct 19, 2021, 8:01 AM

OK Chair Force ???

C'mon ... is that all you got?

Doesn't cover up for your deep concern about losing a down-the-depth chart back-up safety to the portal, but at least you're giving it your best in the 'snappy retort department.' But there are better ways to hold onto your self-esteem; don't be afraid to seek help.

Re: Ok Chair Force.***

Oct 19, 2021, 9:21 AM [ in reply to Ok Chair Force.*** ]

I deserved that 2000. I honestly missed your mil affiliation, and instead of just saying nothing, I took a shot at you based on my frustration over the past weeks for all this team’s critics and complainers here.

My apologies. For the td’s too. I’ll try better - and Aim Higher - in the future.

Have a good one, my friend.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

You'd think people would also realize no one

Oct 19, 2021, 7:21 AM [ in reply to Re: Lost another to the XFR portal and we aren’t taking any ]

in the portal is eligible for this year, and that we have three, 4 star safeties committed for next year. But I guess that's to much to ask

Re: You'd think people would also realize no one

Oct 19, 2021, 8:50 AM

We'll need help next year too. Do you think this is the last one to enter the transfer portal. Sure, more 4 star freshman are on the way next year, but they're inexperienced. They'll develop. But in the mean time, get a seasoned veteran from the portal. You can do both- get transfers AND develop underclassmen. Bama, uga, osu, ok, etc. are all doing it. How is it working out for them?

Zanders is out for the year, he'll be back

Oct 19, 2021, 8:55 AM

Mickens is depth, experienced after this year. Venables as well. Who ya bringing in to be 3rd string from the portal?

Yep and now we need to find a 4th 4 star safety

Oct 19, 2021, 9:01 AM [ in reply to Re: You'd think people would also realize no one ]

In this class under the Dabo model. How many of those 4 will be here a couple years from now? rinse and repeat. Your depth and #s need to be spread across classes or you will not be competing for the big prize as you won’t get there with the early season losses due to the always being young and inexperienced problem

Name one player we should have recruited from the portal***

Oct 19, 2021, 7:44 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

None.

Oct 19, 2021, 8:00 AM

Also, the Safety we have coming in next year (Sharod Covil) has the best HS film I’ve ever seen from a safety. He is fast, nose for the football, good hands, and absolutely punishes people upon delivery. I have very high hopes for him.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This transfer makes sense… some of the others perhaps not

Oct 19, 2021, 8:59 AM

I get your point, but in this case it is warranted for him to transfer. This actually opens up more spots for us to recruit too. Hopefully we focus on linemen and speedy skill players.

Speed kills when in skill positions like RB and WR moreso than height. You need some tall, good hand receivers too, but if you have to compromise, go with speed and athleticism over height.

And we need more QB talent. Never though I would have to say that. For QBs, they need not be short, but tall enough. And you need someone who is a heady player at QB above all else. Someone with high football IQ who can read defenses and make split second, instinctual decisions. And they must be able to move around and avoid sacks.

So if anyone is listening who fits any of these criteria, call Dabo Swinney immediately if not sooner! Our new O coordinator will put your skills to good use. Promise! ????????

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic