Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Looked like the refs had it out for Hall at the end of the game…
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

Looked like the refs had it out for Hall at the end of the game…

Jan 31, 2023, 10:55 PM

it looked like at one point he was contesting a call or no call. Then he finally gets a call, he’s at the free throw line and he appears impatient with the ref, gesturing for the ref to hurry up and give him the ball. Did anyone notice this?
I wonder if that is why the ref gave him the intentional foul at the end of the game.

I don’t fault him. I’ve been watching Clemson since Tree Rollins and if I was out there playing I probably would’ve RKO’d an ACC Ref. Especially Lenny Wertz.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"The one who thinks we can and the one who thinks we can't are both right! Which one are you, son? Which one are you, son?"

Re: Looked like the refs had it out for Hall at the end of the game…

Jan 31, 2023, 10:57 PM

He shoved a BC player immediately before the free throws so he’s lucky they didn’t T him up there. And Chase got away with shoulder checking a BC player into the ground on an inbounds play the next play with no call. So no, I don’t think the refs were out to get anyone.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Chase's check looked blind to me though the

Jan 31, 2023, 11:00 PM

best angle I got was the replay from the opposite side.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Chase's check looked blind to me though the

Feb 1, 2023, 12:02 AM

I could buy Chase’s being unintentional but was surprised they didn’t call a foul. Mainly, my point was I don’t think we had anything to complain about with officiating tonight. The foul calls were pretty even and our performance at the line was the only reason the game was close.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh, officiating didn't lose that game.

Feb 1, 2023, 12:31 AM

No disagreement here.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep, Clemson just played bad!***

Feb 1, 2023, 7:07 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 31, 2023, 10:57 PM

Yes, I noticed the gesture at the foul line and immediately wondered how that ref would react. I'm not sure if he's the one that called the intentional foul or not, and TV didn't react at all to the call to show a replay. On original live action view it didn't look any more egregious than typical late-game "non-intentional intentional" fouls.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 1, 2023, 6:20 AM

Officiating is the main reason i have trouble watching any college basketball games. If is inconsistent, biased, and plays too much of a role in the outcome of a game.
I’m glad shittshefski is gone as he was the ultimate recipient of biased calls.

Class of ‘71. Went through “rat season” and glad I did.

Feb 1, 2023, 8:07 AM

Well, PJs foul at the end was a pretty clear intentional foul, never got his hands anywhere close to the ball or anything.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic