Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Let's say that the NIL Bill does ruin college football, how
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

Let's say that the NIL Bill does ruin college football, how

Jun 15, 2021, 3:14 PM

will they be able to change it back? Or can they change back to the way it is now? Personally, I'm not for this. Having money is great and it is nice to afford things you need and want, but it can also ruin lives among other things.

Message was edited by: MyfavOrange®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Let's say that the NIL Bill does ruin college football, how

Jun 15, 2021, 3:15 PM

I think you are like most of us... This could be the beginning of the end.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 15, 2021, 4:18 PM

It is the beginning of the end of college sports as we know it. And this is going to force those of us that don't really care for the NFL, to start looking for us a NFL team for us to enjoy good FB!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Could change rules back anytime. But in

Jun 15, 2021, 3:26 PM

Reality.. once you give some 1 something you can't take it back. Lawyers drool over this type of thing.

Clemson couldn't cancel mens track and cc.
No sir.. you must let these things drag you down.. cause.. entitled.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: Could change rules back anytime. But in

Jun 15, 2021, 5:54 PM

They key word in your post GeeVille Tiger “Entitled “ is what is wrong with today’s society. So many people think or feel they are entitled or owed something. These same people are not willing to put in the effort to EARN their way through life.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 15, 2021, 3:26 PM

I’m not for this at all. I don’t think it’s going to change the powers in football though. The teams that are winning now will have the upper hand on likeness rights. Think of how many ppl in the country already know who Bresee, DJ, Ross, Booth, etc. are. The players making the biggest plays will get the most money for likeness rights. We are playing in big games because we make it to the big stage. That is a recruitment pitch. The only unfair advantage is that it will only help the SEC recruit because of their avg stadium size. I’m glad we already have the ACC network so there are more televised games, but paying players has always been around, even at the not so good schools (lookin at you capons). It will just be more legal now and easier to bend the rules.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

and some football states have no income tax...***

Jun 15, 2021, 3:36 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 15, 2021, 5:17 PM

I agree with GeeVille, once you give something, you can never take it back. Sadly I think it will change recruiting.

sec school - "Last year our offensive line went to 20 car dealerships for autograph promotions. They each got $500 per day, $10,000 for 20 days work ain't bad."

big 10-ish - "We have an in-state printer that makes football cards. We have 2,000 businesses that buy 1,000 cards every year, and they us them as promotional material. Every player is highlighted. That's 2 million cards son."

I think the really deep pocket schools will even have an advantage recruiting players that don't get the press coverage needed to sell t-shirts and posters, 'non-skill' players, special teams, 3rd string players.

I'm already only watching college games, and only 3 teams, Clemson, Marshall and VT (wife's school, you know how it is). I'm hopeful but not convinced it won't ruin it.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 15, 2021, 5:30 PM

Not to mention the fact that the NIL legislation will quite possibly create a new "coaching" position................ "brand coach," whose responsibility will be to coach the players on how to market themselves. Go Tigers, but go away NIL!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 15, 2021, 5:34 PM

I don’t think you can go back. Once some of these kids get a taste of money it would be impossible to put the lid back on. Plus the others getting a piece of the pie have probably already allocated the funds in future budgets.

The million dollar question is how long will fans pay higher prices for players autographs and other items players will pay for. And how long will it be before envy and jealousy become a part of everyday life in amateur sports. When will some of the HS players and parents start asking for their compensation???

IMO the bill Governor McMasters signed today is a sad sad day for college sports.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 15, 2021, 5:55 PM

Once the cake has been baked and folks have eaten slices of it, it's too late to go back. This going be very bad for what we all love. I hate it but obviously can't stop it. Who knows what the final outcome will be but it's certainly glass half empty for the fan.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 16, 2021, 12:55 AM

Does the NIL allow athletes to wear Clemson Uniforms or any part of a Clemson uni. Does it prohibit any part of the campus or stadium, etc. from being used in likeness? If so, who is going to want to pay for a pic. of a vanilla Clemson star that has no Clemson attached to it?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2013_nascar_champ.gif2014_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic