Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Last week two things cost us the ball game.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

Last week two things cost us the ball game.

Dec 3, 2022, 1:40 PM

1. Turnovers.
2. Coot punter.

Those two items far eclipse all other problems and exploited our weaknesses. The coots weren’t smart enough to figure this out it just fell in their laps. They still suck.

It wasn’t Rattler. He still sucks and coot fans are still the same idiots they always have been.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Last week two things cost us the ball game.

Dec 3, 2022, 1:46 PM

1. Running down the hill.

2. Taking the first snap.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2013_nascar_champ.gif2014_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 3, 2022, 1:49 PM

Yep special teams. Unbelievable. I looked up our special teams rankings it was in the 80s out of 125 school s.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hmmm..

Dec 3, 2022, 2:24 PM

We're #1 in the country in kickoffs.

#25 in kickoff returns

#70 in punts

#68 in punt returns

#26 FG %

Punts are below average but not in the "80's", and we're doing well in everything else.

Maybe you haven't looked lately?

Dec 3, 2022, 1:51 PM

8 for 29. You can't throw that many plays away and expect to win.

Only One Thing Cost Us the Game

Dec 3, 2022, 1:55 PM

They scored more points than we did. Get over it. It's history.

Dec 3, 2022, 1:57 PM

1. DJ taking the snap
2. DJ passing the ball

Dec 3, 2022, 2:00 PM

Rattler threw for 360, he didn't suck last Saturday. We can't be sure that we would have scored not giving up those turnovers. Our defensive secondary had been pitiful for years, yet we have many guys playing in the NFL. Tells me our scheme and coaching are both suspect. I will agree that the coot punter was their MVP.

Dec 3, 2022, 2:15 PM

Our secondary was much better with Terrell, Turner, Goodrich, Booth, Muse, Alexander and others over the previous 7-8 years. This year it has been porous. Some of it is inexperience, some is injuries, some disappointing Dline, and some just awful play.

Dec 3, 2022, 2:20 PM [ in reply to Re: Last week two things cost us the ball game. ]

Relax on the hyperbolic criticism. Are you saying BV had a “pitiful” secondary? BV had poor schemes during the years we dominated?
If you watch our games, we have always put our CBs on an island and have indeed given up some big plays in the name of an attacking pass rush. But the CBs are usually highly prized recruits, so they have to learn fast, which prepares them for the NFL.
You can take any multi year period of Clemson Football and you’ll never find a better period than the last 10 years. I’m talking about the number playing on Sunday and the way the D dominated games.
It’s sad that people need constant reminders to quit crying over missed chances. Ship had 15 carries, needed 25. It’s not very complicated.

27.6% and TOs, especially the last one.***

Dec 3, 2022, 2:16 PM

Dec 3, 2022, 2:28 PM

Agree on the special teams and outstanding Carolina punter. But that’s still a lot of grain in that orange kool aid …

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 3, 2022, 2:37 PM

1. Leadership, or the lack thereof from players and coaches.
2. Coaches. I'm as frustrated with DJ as everyone else, but ultimately it's the coaching that has him on the field. DJ is not going to take himself out of the game, so don't blame him, blame the coaching staff. Our current coaching staff is in way over their heads in every aspect... recruiting, in-game adjustments, creativity, adaption to the changing football landscape, experience, leadership, accountability, etc. The list goes on. Hard to blame the players when they are doing what they are told/coached.

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic