Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Kentucky bkball star going to make $2 million in NIL...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1

Kentucky bkball star going to make $2 million in NIL...

Apr 21, 2022, 10:17 AM

Player of the year in college basketball this past season, but only considered a 2nd round draft pick. Great bigman who plays so hard with rebounding and defense, but limited offensive game. Crazy. See tweet:

https://twitter.com/GoodmanHoops/status/1516830316563886083?s=20&t=UUZ5yutRHL8LRFgikcopbQ

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Kentucky bkball star going to make $2 million in NIL...

Apr 21, 2022, 10:24 AM

Yep changing college sports until someday we have that blow up of the sports. I’m already losing interest in college sports and I did not think that would ever happen. Who cares about watching Crooked immoral Jimbo win a Natty with his 30 million dollar per year team?

Apr 21, 2022, 10:28 AM

I feel like this will be a positive impact for college basketball and the players....getting more familiar faces to hang around longer and they likely make more than they would if they jumped early. He will be a senior, pretty awesome. And if he improves his draft stock, good for him, if not, he and the game benefit him hanging around another year.

Its nice to see stars hanging around even

Apr 21, 2022, 10:42 AM

if it is bc of money....he and Bacot were two of the best this past year. I read a KY article that they think he'll actually earn closer to $3M and that his draft slot pay would have been estimated at $925k...so quite the benefit for him to stay in school.

He's an awesome person and is very humble and drive...partly bc of his African upbringing...his biggest goal of the NIL deals is to be able to pay for his mom to come to America and watch him play.

Apr 22, 2022, 10:08 AM

I have less problem with kids being paid that have done something in college or at least made an impression than the kids choosing schools based on how much they will be paid.

There are NCAA basketball players who had great careers but never had a shot at the NCAA.

Why shouldn't they be rewarded?

I'd be happy if Terrell McIntyre got money or if Oglesby had stayed in school and extra year because he was getting money.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic