Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Kelly Bryant Played Much Better than DJ and Got Benched
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

Kelly Bryant Played Much Better than DJ and Got Benched

Sep 26, 2021, 7:46 AM

I think these transfer portal rules are making it harder to bench players out of fear they will take their marbles and go elsewhere. Heck, an Ohio State player quit in the second quarter yesterday because he didn't get playing time.

The bottom line is DJ is not good and Tony Elliot has been exposed. RG3 had our offensive playbook exposed and he was right.

Dabo can't let the tail wag the dog. He has to be willing to lose a player to the transfer portal if he's not good enough.

Dabo was a genius building this program under the old rules where the Head Coach had control of the players, could work the donors for money to improve the facilities, and recruit under the old system.

Can Dabo adapt to these new rules of NIL and Transfer rules? If not, this program will be the next Florida State.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

The only thing that would slow the rush to the Transfer

Sep 26, 2021, 7:49 AM

Portal is the one thing the NCAA either can't, or won't do. That is, bring back the MANDATORY one year sitout for transfers, NO EXCEPTIONS!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Kelly Bryant Played Much Better than DJ and Got Benched

Sep 26, 2021, 7:54 AM

Maybe we don’t have a Trevor Lawrence on the bench waiting to come in.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Any QB can handoff to a Running Back

Sep 26, 2021, 8:00 AM

If the back up can do just one thing better than DJ that's an improvement

Sep 26, 2021, 7:58 AM

You bring up some good points. College players have more freedom to control their futures now. They aren't tied to any program if they feel like it's not a good fit. You're right, Dabo has to realize this and adjust accordingly. The old traditional ways of handling players are over with.

What a moranic take. KB had the best qb as far as actual throwing mechanics

Sep 26, 2021, 8:10 AM

Clemson has ever had on the bench behind him.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 26, 2021, 8:23 AM

I am betting Dabo doesn’t have a Trevor waiting on n the wings. This isn’t just a DJ problem. I cannot name 1aspect of the offense that is playing well and the play calls aren’t helping. Oline, WRs, RBs and TE are struggling too.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

At This Point What Do We have to Lose?

Sep 26, 2021, 8:47 AM

You don't have to have a Trevor sitting on the Bench. If Phommachanh is even close to DJ he should get a few series to see how he handles a live game with the first team.

DJ needs to have a message that he is replaceable. Tony Elliot may need to have a "Co-Coordinator" assist him with the play calls.

If Clemson continues without make some changes, we will lose to BC, Wake and Pitt. DJ is predictable.

I would rather lose by trying something different than sticking with what is not working.

Sep 26, 2021, 8:54 AM

KB2 Lost 2 games in his time .
DJ5 has already lost 3 games.I am no expert, a qb eyes will give you information. I did not play college fb. Just HS , one Friday night about 40yrs ago. My center told me on the sideline after an intercepted pass . " Hey man you alright? Your eyes are as big as 2 silver dollars" I had been sacked 4 times in the first quarter. I was scared the rest of the night . I know now I was rattled and disoriented. So know I watch ALL Qbs eyes at any level of FB. The eyes don't lie. . GO TIGERS STILL ALL IN !!!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic