Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
K-State's Point Guard Was Gutsy And Special Today ---
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

K-State's Point Guard Was Gutsy And Special Today ---

Mar 20, 2023, 12:20 AM

Watching that little guy do the things he did today against Kentucky had me thinking that his style of play could only come from one place where basketball on the blacktopped courts is king..... ==== New York.
Sure enough Mr. Nowell is from Harlem, New York.

As a matter of fact anywhere up north between the Philadelphia and the Connecticut areas you will see some of the most skilled players to ever play that Point Guard position on the black top.

Unfortunately we don't get to see more players like this in the main stream of things on the bigger stages.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: K-State's Point Guard Was Gutsy And Special Today ---

Mar 20, 2023, 5:45 AM

It was a great game ..KState never gave up and though ranked higher, somewhat shocked the Wildcats. The SEC didn’t mean more in this one.

2024 white level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 20, 2023, 8:34 AM

I’ve said it a hundred times that Clemson needs a point guard from the New York playgrounds. The ACC became a great conference years ago when Frank McGuire brought these kids into the south land. I was hoping that Clemson had recruited such a player when Brad brought the kid in a few years ago from this area but it never worked out. Surprise * Surprise!

Back when Frank Maguire had his great teams in Cooterville,

Mar 20, 2023, 9:06 AM

he had that New York Connection firmly in place. Many of his star players hailed from that region on the country.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Back when Frank Maguire had his great teams in Cooterville,

Mar 20, 2023, 9:15 AM

Yes,MANY!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes but the problem was...

Mar 20, 2023, 12:46 PM [ in reply to Back when Frank Maguire had his great teams in Cooterville, ]

they were all functionally illiterate so when the ACC raised the leagues academic admission requirements, it put an end to FM's recruiting pipeline and started the process for South Carolina leaving the ACC.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Back when Frank Maguire had his great teams in Cooterville,

Mar 20, 2023, 5:13 PM [ in reply to Back when Frank Maguire had his great teams in Cooterville, ]

Wasn't Skip Wise from NY?

That guy hit some pretty insane 3's///

Mar 20, 2023, 9:14 AM

a few with guys right in his face. He's a tough player to guard but Kentucky made it easier for him most of the game in how they defended...specifically the pick and roll.

Mar 20, 2023, 1:39 PM

went to the games yesterday. he was the best player on the floor. more valuable than tshiebwe. he dictated to both teams how the game was going to be played.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic