»
Topic: Just watched Shipley from the pressers today
Replies: 25   Last Post: Oct 26, 2021, 6:18 AM by: unfinished_sentenc
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your CatCoins™ to grant this post a special award and grant the author bonus CatCoins™!

YOUR BALANCE
monetization_on
[ Tiger Boards - Clemson Football ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 25  

Just watched Shipley from the pressers today

emoji_events [22]
Oct 25, 2021, 8:48 PM

what an impressive young man. Everything you want to see; personal accountability, drive, determination, wanting to lead. He's ticked off, that's what we need more of.

If we do see the offense move forward these last 5 games it will be due to him and hopefully some others who emerge with this kind of fight. When you lack leadership and identity that is exactly the time for guys to establish that to emerge.

He's been very close to popping big plays several times this year. Calling it now, he gets at least 2 this week.

flag link

I agree, he is impressive.

emoji_events [10]
Oct 25, 2021, 8:51 PM

We are going to see big things from him during his Clemson career.

2021 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link

Cobbox on Brad Brownell: “His only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Ideally you have someone like that in every

[4]
Oct 25, 2021, 8:59 PM

position group. Very confident and wanting the responsibility. We've been extremely blessed to have real leaders; DW, Wilkins, Boulware, Gallman, Renfrow, guys who establish accountability. We lack that on offense clearly. I think Skalski is that guy on defense, Breese was as well, but no one has done that on offense.

To be that guy you have to perform at a high level. Ship appears as though he could be that guy, with hopefully a few other of these young guys to step up

flag link

I just told a friend that today. The '16 team....it had

[1]
Oct 25, 2021, 9:45 PM

incredible leadership. Guys who gave it 100 PERCENT. They demanded effort of themselves and EVERYONE ELSE On the team. Bouleware, DW, Gallman,Mitch,MIKE WILLIAMS,Artavis Scott(No one has run the speed sweep well since him,IMHO),Bryant, Wilkins,Ferrell,Watkins,Huggins,Joseph,O'Daniel, Ryan Carter, Mullen,and none other than Marcus Edmond.Oh, and Renfrow...I cannot imagine a single receiver making the play he did on the fumble to chase down and tackle a three hundred pounder. Those boys competed from the ring of the bell!

We have some guys with that same kind of fire on this team, but just not enough.

flag link

Re: Ideally you have someone like that in every

Oct 26, 2021, 6:18 AM

The Tigers win it all in 2 years.

flag link

Re: Just watched Shipley from the pressers today

[3]
Oct 25, 2021, 8:53 PM

Well said. That guy has brought the energy since his first snap, but we have to remember he’s a freshman who didn’t get to play his senior year if I recall right. Then the knee injury so he made plays while shaking off the rust. He will break some big plays soon.

flag link

Wasn't a knee, fractured fibia***

[1]
Oct 25, 2021, 9:02 PM

flag link

That could have led to a torn ACL I believe. I can call my

Oct 25, 2021, 9:48 PM

old roommate to verify....

flag link

What is this fibia bone you speak of?

[2]
Oct 25, 2021, 11:27 PM

I think you’re lying.

2021 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link

Cobbox on Brad Brownell: “His only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Oct 25, 2021, 9:21 PM

Bet he’s mad he chose us over Notre Dame right about now.

flag link

You clearly didn't watch

emoji_events [6]
Oct 25, 2021, 9:23 PM

my fine feathered friend.

flag link

Doubt it

[1]
Oct 25, 2021, 9:28 PM

Coot

2021 white level member flag link

Thousands of players across the nation

[4]
Oct 25, 2021, 9:32 PM

are wishing they had chosen to play for the magnetic, charisma powerhouse that is Brian Kelly

flag link

Re: Thousands of players across the nation

Oct 25, 2021, 10:16 PM

Lol!! You nailed it!

2021 purple level member flag link

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

It’s been mentioned but all young RBs have impressed. Perhaps CJ doing something right.***

[1]
Oct 25, 2021, 9:34 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link

CJ is definitely an alpha dog

[3]
Oct 25, 2021, 9:41 PM

4 weeks ago people were howling for his head because a 3rd team RB transferred. Our RB room is by far the brightest spot on this offense. And I have no doubt CJ is exhorting his guys to step up and be a pack of alphas.

flag link

Re: CJ is definitely an alpha dog

Oct 25, 2021, 9:49 PM

That is the problem with all these young, read inexperienced, coaches: them what can't teach exhort. It ain't enough.

flag link

Speaking English helps

[1]
Oct 25, 2021, 9:57 PM

in making your point

flag link

Re: It’s been mentioned but all young RBs have impressed. Perhaps CJ doing something right.***

Oct 25, 2021, 10:15 PM

As I've said before, CJ has never been the problem.

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Oct 25, 2021, 9:47 PM

Yeah. Well maybe he can catch a pass while he is at it.

flag link

How's that Beamerball working?***

[2]
Oct 25, 2021, 10:00 PM

flag link

Oct 25, 2021, 10:07 PM

I love me some Shipley also. He needs to not lean forward quite as much, he is getting ankle tackled because of it. He is wanting his yards, expecting to get hit, but when the opening is there he is still learning forward therefore an easy ankle grab puts him down.

ETN had tremendous balance with leg strength. I think Shipley has leg strength that will get better but he needs to sit back a little in his running and he will run through the ankle grabs much easier.

But we do need more of his personality on the team as the offense is lacking an identity severely.

Then also add the playcalls, I think if we ran the ball 80% and eat up the clock against Pitt, we win the game. Keep our def fresh, don't have drops killing our progress, kill clock and we win the game! I think we averaged over 5.6yds per carry last I looked.

flag link

He's young and just getting a little ahead

Oct 25, 2021, 10:35 PM

of himself. Missing the 3 games didn't help. But when he has it slow down just a touch for him, look out. His instincts are really good.

flag link

Oct 25, 2021, 10:12 PM

It would be encouraging for the present and the future if the younger players established themselves as team leaders.

--Henry David Thoreau

Agreed. You can see it in Shipley

Oct 25, 2021, 10:42 PM

He mentioned McFadden, which is good. With Bock gone time for him to assume that role up front. Hate to say not sure who that is right now at QB or WR.

I had to stop watching DJ's postgame presser it was so uncomfortable. Just nervous as all get out, a bunch of tics and such. He said the right things but his mannerisms were of a deflated young man who has very little confidence.

Ngata has some fire at WR, maybe he can assume that role.

flag link

Re: Agreed. You can see it in Shipley

Oct 26, 2021, 6:12 AM

From preseason on there was and is way too much time and attention needed on DJ5. (while he was spending way too much time on NIL contracts) Yes, that generally happens with 'supposed' 5 star QBs coming in and it supposedly being 'their' time. But I sense this team (on offense) has have to have lost some enthusiasm as the weeks have gone, with the key injuries, close wins and now 3 losses. Don't get me wrong, I believe there is still the Tiger desire to win.

I am all in with those who feel Ship is and wants to be a leader. Ngata healthy can be a leader/challenger for WRs. Ajou I believe is hungry. There is a lot of practice time needed for the continuing new faces at OL. And then I have no clue who is going to be the one to step in and up at QB.
I have a sense that I know who it isn't going to be.

I hope we don't see players/people thrown under the bus as the season plays out. I do think it appears there is a need for a wider back seat.

In all continuing support, I proudly renewed my contribution this week.

flag link

Replies: 25  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: ACC Championship
FOR SALE: Eight (8) tickets in Section 517, Row 21. Will sell all or any for $45/ticket OBO...text or call 704...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Tiger Boards - Clemson Football ]
Start New Topic
3405 people have read this post